ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport delays after Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ootum04
Newly Registered

1st British passport after naturalisation

Post by ootum04 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Dear Value members,

I think am getting paranoid! My worries is that I have sent my passport application via check & send service (post office) on 29th Nov 2018. I had my ooath & got naturalised on 27/11/2018.

Hm passport sent me a text msg on 1/12/2018 saying if further docs or an interview needed they will let me know by 22/12/2018.

I have seen on the timelines that people who sent on the same date via same service posting saying they got a 2nd msg saying their passport is on the way. Many others are getting it in few days time.

Is there something I need to worry coz they taking longer in my situation for some reasons or it’s just normal .

Any reply will be deeply appreciated

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 1st British passport after naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:18 pm

It's normal. Just wait patiently!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ootum04
Newly Registered

First British passport getting delayed!!!

Post by ootum04 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:11 am

Hi Members,

I am getting frustrated because many peoples posting of getting their passport within a week time!!

I got naturalised on 27/11/2018, I have sent my passport application on 29/11/2018 through post & check & sent service. I received a text on 1/12/2018 saying if more info or documents required they will let me know by 22/12/2018.

I phoned them few times to check on the progress and they said that it is under examination. One customer service person even mentioned that the council should notify Home Office that I have attended the naturalisation. My question is below:

1)- i have sent my original naturalisation certificate with my passport application. It’s common sense that I have attended the ceremony to receive it in the first place.

Any opinion or experience to share anyone or anyone is going through the same situation, pls share your point of view.

Many thanks
Ok

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First British passport getting delayed!!!

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:46 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:48 am

They do state that it can take up to 6 weeks to process a first British passport. There is nothing you can do to speed it up. As already advised, you will simply have to wait patiently.

Those getting their passports within a week are very likely those who applied using the joint citizenship and passport application scheme, apply for both form AN and passport at the same time through council NDRS.

You appear to have applied through NCS in August, why did you not apply using JCAP and submit the passport form at the same time as NCS was still accepting JCAP in August.

Summer and Christmas are the busiest periods at HMPO too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Salasala
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Post by Salasala » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Same thing happen to me
I sent my passport application on 7/8/18 I receive
a text msg from passport office on 10/8/18 to say that I will receive a letter by 2/9/18 if they need more information.
4/9/18 I ring the passport office they took my details and 2 days later I recieve a message to inform me the passport is with courrier and it will deliver by 11/9/18 and I receive on 10/9/18
We are not the lucky one, we wait for long while the others got their passport within 2 weeks

ootum04
Newly Registered

Passport delays after Naturalisation

Post by ootum04 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:35 am

Dear value members,

I attended my naturalisation ceremony on 27/11/2018 and Then after on 29/11/2018, I sent my passport paper application via post check & send service which was received on 30/11/2018.

On 1/12/18, I received a text saying if more info needed, they will let me know until 22/12/18.

I have seen on the timelines that few peoples are receiving their passport within a week time using the same route.

I call HMPO many times thinking in case I messed up with my application or miss out on any letters etc. They confirmed that all is good but they been waiting for UKIV to confirm my ceremony attendance with them for my application to progress further.

Then after I wrote my council and they confirmed me via email that all details regarding every ceremony get forwarded the same day to UKVI. Just don’t understand if we send the original Certificate of naturalisation with application then it’s common sense that we have attended the ceremony. Just don’t understand why this has to go via via!!!

I phoned UKIV and they asked me to write citizen.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and explain all this... anyway did this and awaiting now!!!

Anyone out there been through the same scenario, pls advise what my options from here... my family is travelling abroad for Christmas & new year ... seems like I will be missing it now and stay alone😞

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:40 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:46 am
Topics Merged (click to read forum rule)!!!
Was there something in the link to the forum rule above that was unclear regarding multiple topics???
Topics merged AGAIN!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport delays after Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 am

ootum04 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:35 am
Dear value members,

I attended my naturalisation ceremony on 27/11/2018 and Then after on 29/11/2018, I sent my passport paper application via post check & send service which was received on 30/11/2018.

On 1/12/18, I received a text saying if more info needed, they will let me know until 22/12/18.

I have seen on the timelines that few peoples are receiving their passport within a week time using the same route.

I call HMPO many times thinking in case I messed up with my application or miss out on any letters etc. They confirmed that all is good but they been waiting for UKIV to confirm my ceremony attendance with them for my application to progress further.

Then after I wrote my council and they confirmed me via email that all details regarding every ceremony get forwarded the same day to UKVI. Just don’t understand if we send the original Certificate of naturalisation with application then it’s common sense that we have attended the ceremony. Just don’t understand why this has to go via via!!!

I phoned UKIV and they asked me to write citizen.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and explain all this... anyway did this and awaiting now!!!

Anyone out there been through the same scenario, pls advise what my options from here... my family is travelling abroad for Christmas & new year ... seems like I will be missing it now and stay alone😞

Kind regards
You are confusing applying for a passport separately after ceremony to those who applied for passport at the same time as applying for citizenship. They are two different processes and timelines.

Your council has nothing to do with your passport application as you have not applied using the joint application scheme, where passports are received within a week or so after the ceremony.

HMPO will process your passport application according to their standard timeframes of up to 6 weeks. There is NOTHING you can do to speed it up and as already advised, you simply need to wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)