ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS GLOBAL UK SETTLEMENT VISA EMAILS

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AliBro
Newly Registered

ORGANISING SPOUSE VISA UK SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

Post by AliBro » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:38 am

Hi All
I have completed my husband spouse visa application and would like some help organising the supporting documents.

In what order should the documents be placed. I have also paid for priority service...should this be stated on every item?

Thanks in advance.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: ORGANISING SPOUSE VISA UK SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:43 am

As per UKVI guidance simply write Priority on the front of the bundle.

Organise the bundle in logical order such as:

- application form and Appendix 2;
- TB Certificate
- English language evidence;
- IHS payment receipt
- relationship documents;
- Financial documents;
- accommodation documents

Keep everything loose, no paperclips or fancy sticky notes.

InshaAllah goes well for you
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:25 pm

Remember to that you need to include the application reference number on the folder you put the documents in AND on the envelope used to send them to Sheffield.

Not that we found this made things go quicker but we did at least get the visa!

AliBro
Newly Registered

Post by AliBro » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Thanks for both your response.
Does the priority service have a different address from the standard address?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:00 pm

No everything goes to the same place.

You may also want to include your priority payment receipt.

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:22 am

Hi,
for priority application do I need to put priority on the envelop outside or how can I tell them it is a priority application? can anyone please guide how it is done for priority application.

Thanks

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:53 am

Read above

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 pm

raholptl wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:22 am
Hi,
for priority application do I need to put priority on the envelop outside or how can I tell them it is a priority application? can anyone please guide how it is done for priority application.

Thanks
All goes same address. Write the priority reference number at top on envelope and first document inside the envelope.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AliBro
Newly Registered

Post by AliBro » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:54 am

Thanks for all your replies.
1 question....Can 6x4 photos go in the package or do i need to scan them on A4?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:20 pm

6 x 4 can be added. I'd photocopy them into A4 paper too because they want everything in A4

mysterylady11

Post by mysterylady11 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:36 pm

AliBro wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:54 am
Thanks for all your replies.
1 question....Can 6x4 photos go in the package or do i need to scan them on A4?
Hi Ali, I printed most of my pics of A4 paper it just makes it looks neat. I also sent some digital ones , I put the date and the occasion on each photos.

Hope this helps.

AliBro
Newly Registered

Post by AliBro » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Thanks for the advice, i will photo copy onto A4.

Also I've printed of a copy of the online application form but obviously my husband is not here to sign it. Will it be ok to send without his signature or does he need to also print a copy and sign it and hand it in when he does his biometric in his country?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Get him to sign it, take a photo of it / scan and email it to you. You then print out the signed pages and attach it to the application. Do not submit anywhere if you are also posting.

AliBro
Newly Registered

Post by AliBro » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:23 pm

So he should sign and scan it to me via email and I attach it as if its the original doc.
Also should he not submit a copy of the application at the biometric appointment if im already sending one via post?
However it states in the appointment email that he should present his application form along with appendix 2.....?

Sorry I'm getting confused as his appointment is tomorrow and want it to go smoothly.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:05 pm

AliBro wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:23 pm
So he should sign and scan it to me via email and I attach it as if its the original doc.
Also should he not submit a copy of the application at the biometric appointment if im already sending one via post?
However it states in the appointment email that he should present his application form along with appendix 2.....?

Sorry I'm getting confused as his appointment is tomorrow and want it to go smoothly.
No need of being panicking. Only the print out of online application is needed to take to biometrics and appendix 2 is not needed. when you finish the online application then you can send it by email to your partner who can print and sign it for attending the appointment.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mysterylady11

Post by mysterylady11 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:39 am

Also if you did priority, he needs to bring the priority receipt along with him. He should bring the appendix 2 with him as my husband had to bring it with him and he also applied from Jamaica .

AliBro
Newly Registered

Post by AliBro » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:23 am

mysterylady11 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:39 am
Also if you did priority, he needs to bring the priority receipt along with him. He should bring the appendix 2 with him as my husband had to bring it with him and he also applied from Jamaica .

Did you have a singed copy by him in your supporting doc?

He has sent me one in the post about a week ago and it still hasn't arrived. His biometric appointment is today and i want to send the supporting doc today also.
Can i send it without the singed copy?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:28 am

AliBro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:23 am
mysterylady11 wrote:

He has sent me one in the post about a week ago and it still hasn't arrived. His biometric appointment is today and i want to send the supporting doc today also.
Without signature no form is accepted

mysterylady11

Post by mysterylady11 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:28 pm

AliBro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:23 am
mysterylady11 wrote:

AliBro
Newly Registered

VFS GLOBAL UK SETTLEMENT VISA EMAILS

Post by AliBro » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi, sorry to ask as this might seem a bit of a naive question.

My Husband and I have received an email from VFS global and I'm having a lil trouble trying to understand it as i might be over thinking. But can anyone explain what the following email is stating?

The processed visa application for GWF reference number -  GWF*********was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 12/19/2018

If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Does this mean my husband is able to collect his passport from his visa agency in his country which is outside the uk or do I have to collect his documents in the uk??
We have already received the supporting documents weeks ago and recieved an email 2weeks ago that his documents are with the decision team. But this email is baffling me.

Appreciate the help 😉

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: VFS GLOBAL UK SETTLEMENT VISA EMAILS

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:43 pm

It means exactly what it says. He can collect his passport at the visa application centre!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AliBro
Newly Registered

Post by AliBro » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

Just would like to say a big thank you for all the help & advise. My Husband has been granted his visa!! :D :D

Mcgowan
Newly Registered

Post by Mcgowan » Tue May 14, 2019 1:07 am

hiya I'm going through the same thing at the minute so ali bro just a little question for you. what did you do then regarding the signed application form. did your husband scan it and send it through email and you print it off or did you wait to send the supporting documents with the signed application form what your husband sent to you through the post. sorry about this as the answers to this forum confused me

AliBro
Newly Registered

Post by AliBro » Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi McGowan

I did the application online and submitted it. I then emailed the documents that required his signature to him and he printed and posted them to me. I then sent the signed form with supporting documents to Sheffield. I also told him to bring a signed compy to his embassy just in case them needed it.
Hope this helps. Feel free to respond with further enquiries. :)