ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Due on 1st of Febraury already started online application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Due on 1st of Febraury already started online application

Post by Party Rocker » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:49 pm

Hi Guru's and other respectable members,
I am due for my citizenship on the 1st of February but I have already started filling my online application so I can get enough time to look into the questions. now my question is does my application will be considered valid from the day I submit it online or from the day of the appointment, As reading blog suggest that sopra steria appointments are not available for months in some places.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Due on 1st of Febraury already started online application

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:35 am

Day you submit and pay is the application date.

There should be no issue in getting an appointment under the new system so not sure what posts exactly you are referring to!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:35 am
Day you submit and pay is the application date.

There should be no issue in getting an appointment under the new system so not sure what posts exactly you are referring to!!
I am due for my citizen on the 1st of February. I have already started to fill up my online application form but I haven't submitted it yet.
would it be alright to submit and pay prior to 1st of February?
and references could be any professional person who is working in IT for example or they have to be Dr, Teacher, Accountant or Lawyer

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:26 pm

You cannot apply before your eligible date. There is no early concession for citizenship. You must hold ILR/PR for the full 12 months before you can apply.

You professional referee must be someone on the HO approved referee list. So no, a normal IT worker/employee is not enough.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:26 pm
You cannot apply before your eligible date. There is no early concession for citizenship. You must hold ILR/PR for the full 12 months before you can apply.

You professional referee must be someone on the HO approved referee list. So no, a normal IT worker/employee is not enough.
thanks for the reply
Can you please also advice me which record I need from HMRC? is it 10-year personal tax record OR 10 year NI contribution record. if you can help me with the link it would be great.

Regards