ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect address on the application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hchlondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Incorrect address on the application?

Post by hchlondon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:55 am

I provided my mailing address to my new sponsor and on my visa application. Now I am concerned that the Home Office will contact them to see if that is my home address. It is not. The reality is that I have no home address right now (ie technically homeless). I don't want them to contact the mailing address as they will not be able to verify I live there. (Proof of address was not one of the documents I had to provide on my T2 application document upload)

I previously had updated HMRC with that, but now I realize they are different things.

I am seriously stressed out that I have majorly messed up.

Any guidance is appreciated!!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Incorrect address on the application?

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 am

it should not be a matter. My colleague used the office address in her application and got approved with no problem.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.