ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility date for naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

20mt
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Eligibility date for naturalisation application

Post by 20mt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:10 am

Hi all,

I appreciate that this question has probably been asked many times, but I can't seem to find a direct answer in the FAQs and the search function appears to not work for me to be able to search in previous posts.

Could one of the senior members or moderators please confirm whether the date that one is eligible to apply for naturalisation is one year on from the date of issue of the BRP? For example, would a BRP issued on 15 Dec 2017 imply that I am eligible to apply on 15th Dec 2018 or 16th Dec 2018??

Also, is there a direct reference to this rule in the AN guide or other official documents ?

Many thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Eligibility date for naturalisation application

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:33 am

20mt wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:10 am
Hi all,

I appreciate that this question has probably been asked many times, but I can't seem to find a direct answer in the FAQs and the search function appears to not work for me to be able to search in previous posts.

Could one of the senior members or moderators please confirm whether the date that one is eligible to apply for naturalisation is one year on from the date of issue of the BRP? For example, would a BRP issued on 15 Dec 2017 imply that I am eligible to apply on 15th Dec 2018 or 16th Dec 2018??

Also, is there a direct reference to this rule in the AN guide or other official documents ?

Many thanks
Held ILR for last 12months

15/12/17-14/12/18=12 months

hamzababy

Re: Eligibility date for naturalisation application

Post by hamzababy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:10 pm

spouse of bc can apply straight away after ilr
majority of categories must wait 12 months on ilr before applying for nationality.