ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa phone interview went wrong

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sunny1301
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

UK spouse visa phone interview went wrong

Post by Sunny1301 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi All,

I need your help. I am a UK citizen by birth and married to an indian girl (I am also an indian) in March 2018. I was an arranged marriage. We have filed spouse visa for her in November and I have received a call from UK Home office for an interview twice a week back. They asked me about the reason for my job changes (in last 12 months I have changed 3 jobs). They have asked me the reason of change which I said due to company down sizing whereas the actual reason is I got terminated from the jobs because of attendance issue. In the first call they asked the reason and confirmed it with my past employers and than again verified it to with me. I didn't find the officer so convinced by my reason of job change. Also, asked for my wife's contact number and they said they will be calling her but nor sure when. I do meet the financial requirements (19,200 pounds). I am constantly thinking about the Visa that it will get approved or not.

Please help with advice.

uddin000

Re: UK spouse visa phone interview went wrong

Post by uddin000 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi i also had phone interview on 7 december and still heard nothing yet..i am worried because they ask few question and i answer might be incorrect..but other question i answer correctly.

my phone interview lasted 18 mins, my employer interview lasted 1 hour 20 mins ( i have 2 job)

im worried if they will give visa or not.

When did they call you?

Sunny1301
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Sunny1301 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:17 pm

5th of December and they also interview my all employers as well. I am so worried about the this.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:29 pm

There really was no point of you lying about the job change, it would have made no difference if you told them you were sacked. Unless they question your honesty I do not see it being a big issue in terms of the bigger picture.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Sunny1301
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Sunny1301 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:29 pm
There really was no point of you lying about the job change, it would have made no difference if you told them you were sacked. Unless they question your honesty I do not see it being a big issue in terms of the bigger picture.
So what could be the chances of visa being approved ? Also, they asked me about the date of marriage and I just said I am not good with dates and said "5th May" but it is "5th of march".

uddin000

Post by uddin000 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Sunny1301 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:42 pm
Londoner007 wrote:
So what could be the chances of visa being approved ? Also, they asked me about the date of marriage and I just said I am not good with dates and said "5th May" but it is "5th of march".
they asked me date of marriage too..i said 18 january but i should of said 14 january..

Let us no if you hear anything..

Sunny1301
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Sunny1301 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:56 pm

uddin000 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:53 pm
Sunny1301 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:42 pm
Londoner007 wrote:
they asked me date of marriage too..i said 18 january but i should of said 14 january..

Let us no if you hear anything..
Sure, I will update here if I have any updates and same goes with you. It's really scaring me.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:48 am

I wouldn't worry about it - people get nervous with these sort of calls and give wrong answers
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Sunny1301
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Sunny1301 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi, Anyone can help in my case ??? What are the chances of getting my wife's visa as still haven't heard back anything from home office and it's making me worried a lot.Plz if someone can advice having similar kind of case or someone having knowledge on this kind of case. I am worried as I have lied about about the jobs that I have left them whereas I was fired from all those jobs(3 in last 12 months). The lady on the call from home office was not sounding convinced and I even asked her that will my wife get visa & she just said " she will come to know in next week" but there is no response after that.

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:47 am

Give it another 2 weeks. I'll be honest, just prepare for anything whether the visa is granted or not. If granted, end of story. If refused, you can appeal or reapply explaining why you have given incorrect answers regarding your 3 different jobs. Get a good solicitor to help you. By the way, Did you apply under Category A or B?

Sunny1301
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Sunny1301 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:35 pm

Thank you for your response.... I have applied under Cat-B..... are you aware about the cases like this ? means they do reject visa on these grounds ?

Hanaababader123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hanaababader123 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Sunny1301 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Hi All,

I need your help. I am a UK citizen by birth and married to an indian girl (I am also an indian) in March 2018. I was an arranged marriage. We have filed spouse visa for her in November and I have received a call from UK Home office for an interview twice a week back. They asked me about the reason for my job changes (in last 12 months I have changed 3 jobs). They have asked me the reason of change which I said due to company down sizing whereas the actual reason is I got terminated from the jobs because of attendance issue. In the first call they asked the reason and confirmed it with my past employers and than again verified it to with me. I didn't find the officer so convinced by my reason of job change. Also, asked for my wife's contact number and they said they will be calling her but nor sure when. I do meet the financial requirements (19,200 pounds). I am constantly thinking about the Visa that it will get approved or not.

Please help with advice.
Did u get ur visa after this

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:45 pm

Hanaababader123 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Sunny1301 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Hi All,

Please help with advice.
Did u get ur visa after this
Please start your own topic with your questions and circumstances instead of digging up old threads to tag onto.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.