ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Threshold for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ree123
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Threshold for Tier 2

Post by ree123 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Hello,

How much is the salary threshold for a company to give me a tier 2 sponsorship? I'm switching from tier 4 student visa in here. I have more than 10 years as an Accountant in overseas and i know my profession is not under shortage occupation list. Is it difficult to get sponsorship in here for me? Thank you

pride88
Mood:
India

Re: Threshold for Tier 2

Post by pride88 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:17 pm

For switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2, you have several advantages, 1). No need for labour market test, 2). no need for the 30K annual salary. As a Tier 4 visa holder, you will be considered as a "new entrant".

Now, you need to find out what the SOC code is for your profession (Appendix J), what is the minimum salary and what is the "experienced salary threshold" etc and also the number of working hours for that code. You will find out all details in Appendix J.

But it is important to note that if you are offered a salary of 30K and above by a Home Office accredited sponsor within the UK, you will be considered as an experienced worker rather than as new entrant. Make sure sure read all the rules and be well informed about the Tier 2 policy guidance.

I suggest you enlist the services of an OISC regulated Immigration Solicitor.

Good Luck