ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I get married to my partner despite voluntarily leaving?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

InayahA
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Can I get married to my partner despite voluntarily leaving?

Post by InayahA » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:43 am

Good Afternoon,

I left the UK on a voluntary leave on the 1st August 2018 seeking government funding from the Secretary of State.

According to the rules and regulations I am not allowed to enter the UK for another 2-5 years. Before this I lived in the UK for a period of almost 15 years.

However me and my partner want to get married in 2019. My partner is a British citizen and have made the decision to hopefully get married there. I am aware that I need to obtain a ‘family of a settled person visa’ to enter the UK however because I’ve voluntarily left and not allowed for the designated time period will I still be allowed to re enter?

My partner has a full time job in the UK but I am unemployed currently so would we still be able to get married despite these circumstances?

Thank you.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Can I get married to my partner despite voluntarily leaving?

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:09 am

If you were here for 15 years why did you not apply for Long Residence Leave? Were you living in UK without any leave at all?

If you can write you deportation letter here we can see under which legislation they have served you under
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:09 am

If you can write you deportation letter here we can see under which legislation they have served you under
InayahA wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:43 am
I left the UK on a voluntary leave on the 1st August 2018
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

InayahA
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by InayahA » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:53 am

Like I have mentioned I left the UK voluntarily, I have not been deported and before this I’ve extended my visa several times.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:38 pm

Did you have ten continuous years of legal residence in the UK before you left?
InayahA wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:43 am
seeking government funding from the Secretary of State.
This is also factored into any future visa applications.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

bunnygail
Newly Registered

Post by bunnygail » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:47 pm

If he was an overstayer would that go against the application for spouse.....as im in similar circs i meet all the requirements my partner is leaving uk....in order we can get married....would overstay go against us ???