ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh after brexit do i apply for resident card or pre settled status?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tanyalouise
Newly Registered
Nepal

Surinder Singh after brexit do i apply for resident card or pre settled status?

Post by Tanyalouise » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:34 pm

I have just received my eea family permit through the surinder singh route, i will be arriving in uk with my british spouse at the end of January. My question is does my spouse need to be working in order for me to apply for a residence card? If so by the time a job is found the date for brexit would have passed, so would i still apply for a residence card or go straight to applying for pre settled status? :?: Or would it be best to first apply for rc and then pre settled status a few months down the line? I know that until december 2020 we are still free to move to the uk just confused about the process after 29th march ...

BritAmerican
Newly Registered

Re: Surinder Singh after brexit do i apply for resident card or pre settled status?

Post by BritAmerican » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:04 am

Hi TanyaLouise,

What did you decide to do about this in the end?

I’m also confused about this. We got the residence card but now are totally confused about pre-settlement status and whether I as the British sponsor need to be working.

Just to add that for the residence card, as long as you haven’t been back in the UK for over 3 months there is no need to prove that the British sponsor is a qualified person in the UK (if I’m not mistaken)

hugmot55
Newly Registered

Re: Surinder Singh after brexit do i apply for resident card or pre settled status?

Post by hugmot55 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:43 pm

I think it will be pre-settlement