ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Eligibility

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amid7
Newly Registered
Korea South

My Eligibility

Post by amid7 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:36 am

Dears
I was got a scholarship fro my PhD from an European countries. Then, I have been working as a postdoctoral researcher at an university in South Korea for 4 years. My fellowship was supported from Ministry of Education and Science of South Korea government. I have a recommendation letter from a researcher in UK based University. I have 23 publications as indexed in Web of Science and prestigious journals. In addition, I reviewed 31 manuscripts in several publishers. Moreover, I have been supervising several MSc and PhD students at an university too.
I would like to know, am I eligible for Tier 1(Exceptional Talent/ promise) visas?
Thanks in advance for your kind response.
regards

marcnath

Re: My Eligibility

Post by marcnath » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:09 am

amid7 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:36 am
Dears
I was got a scholarship fro my PhD from an European countries. Then, I have been working as a postdoctoral researcher at an university in South Korea for 4 years. My fellowship was supported from Ministry of Education and Science of South Korea government. I have a recommendation letter from a researcher in UK based University. I have 23 publications as indexed in Web of Science and prestigious journals. In addition, I reviewed 31 manuscripts in several publishers. Moreover, I have been supervising several MSc and PhD students at an university too.
I would like to know, am I eligible for Tier 1(Exceptional Talent/ promise) visas?
regards
You possibly will be. But the assessment is done by independent agencies. So you need to apply to find out.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

amid7
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by amid7 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:10 am

Dear Friends
Please kindly give me your valuable experiences about my case.
Thanks in advance for sharing

amid7
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by amid7 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:12 am

Many thanks for your response.
Yes, you right. But before applying I would like to know my chance in this rout.
marcnath wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:09 am
amid7 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:36 am
Dears
regards
You possibly will be. But the assessment is done by independent agencies. So you need to apply to find out.

mathsmaths
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by mathsmaths » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Hi,

I am a maths researcher. I'm trying to get a recommendation letter from a UK based researcher however I do not know anybody in the UK. Can you please tell me how you found a person in the UK to write you a recommendation letter.

Thankyou