ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to home country after asylum claim and now british passport received

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ZSan
Newly Registered
Maldives

Travel to home country after asylum claim and now british passport received

Post by ZSan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Can admin help me please. I claim asylum in 2010 and after long journey now I got my British passport last week .
My question is can I travel to my home country, will the immigration officer ask any questions when I return back to uk.
Can I go to my home country with my British passport.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travel to home country after asylum claim and now british passport received

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Why is it now safe to return to your home country? If you are a dual national then you will get no consular support in your home country. British citizens can travel anywhere they like. https://www.gov.uk/dual-citizenship
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Post by jgreen6123 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:33 pm

Have a look at this thread. Your BC will be revoked if you return to your home country and it’s established that you shouldn’t have been granted asylum at the first place. Unless there has been a material change to the circumstances in your home country since you claimed asylum.

british-citizenship/ex-refugee-travelin ... 69864.html

ZSan
Newly Registered
Maldives

Post by ZSan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Thank you.
Some people who got BC after refugee have been to their own country . My dad passed away in October. Atlease I wanted to do his 3 months rituals.
Just wondering if anyone been to their home country and returned without any problems.