ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hozad
Newly Registered
Mood:

FLR M financial requirements

Post by Hozad » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi

I am a PhD student with a stipend income of 16k which qualifies the 15.8k requirment. I do have 6 months payslips and 12 months bank statements.

I am applying for FLR M for my wife but once we apply my stipend income will finish soon.

So I was wondering if this would be a problem?

Obviously I will be getting a job after my PhD but can I apply for FLR M in the current situation?

In other words, are the interested in the future or only interested in the passed?

Please help!

Look for to hearing for you.

Thanks

Ho

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR M financial requirements

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:35 pm

The requirement is £18600 instead 15.8K
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Hozad
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Hozad » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:39 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:35 pm
The requirement is £18600 instead 15.8K
Thankyou for your reply

£18600 is before tax. £15800 is the equivalent after tax

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:30 am

Hozad wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:39 am

£18600 is before tax.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Hozad
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Hozad » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a PhD student with a stipend income (non taxable) of 16k which qualifies the £15.8k requirment. This is equivalent to the before tax or taxable income of £18600. I do have 6 months payslips and 12 months bank statements. The documents that I have to provide from my university is a letter conforming that the stipend will be paid for a period of at least 12 months from the date of the application or from the date that the stipend income will commence. I have been paid this income for 3 year but will be ending in a few months. My course in more than 12 months and have been paid more than 12 months but the question is does the course have to continue for another 12 months after we submit the application or is the last 12 months payslips and bank statements enough for my wifes FLR M visa?

Do have to get a job offer to show that I will still be receiving an income after my university income?

Any help will be appreciated.

Look for to hearing for you all.

Thanks

Hozad
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Hozad » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:15 pm

Hozad wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:44 pm
Hi everyone,

I am a PhD student with a stipend income (non taxable) of 16k which qualifies the £15.8k requirment. This is equivalent to the before tax or taxable income of £18600. I do have 6 months payslips and 12 months bank statements. The documents that I have to provide from my university is a letter conforming that the stipend will be paid for a period of at least 12 months from the date of the application or from the date that the stipend income will commence. I have been paid this income for 3 year but will be ending in a few months. My course in more than 12 months and have been paid more than 12 months but the question is does the course have to continue for another 12 months after we submit the application or is the last 12 months payslips and bank statements enough for my wifes FLR M visa?

Do have to get a job offer to show that I will still be receiving an income after my university income?

Thanks
Has anybody had such an experience? Any help would be appreciated.

nootnoot
Newly Registered

Post by nootnoot » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:54 pm

Hozad wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:15 pm
Hozad wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:44 pm
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Has anybody had such an experience? Any help would be appreciated.
My husband has similar situation to you. He has been receiving scholarship for last 3.5 years and he is going to finish in next a few months, which will not last 12 months as the financial requirement states.
So I dont think I can apply this one...

Have you apply wife visa? If yes, how did you solve the problem?

Zarrar_
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zarrar_ » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:39 am

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old post but no one really has replied to me on the new post regarding my query. Since you guys are experienced with PhD stipends.

Please advise what documents to attach in the application.

AND

I am receiving a stipend of £1585 per month i.e £19k per annum tax free.

I understand that makes well over £18,600 requirement but the only thing that has got me confusing is as follows;

The para in appendix document says one sponsor should be in receipt of the stipend for the next 12 months or a full academic year at the time of application.

My husband has an offer letter that states funding is for the 4 years and that time of application first year will be coming to an end and he will have to pass the viva in the 1st year to continue doing Ph.D.

BUT the offer letter from university also mentions that at the end of every year there will be a performance review. (which in my case is due in June which will be after my application).

Is this something to be concerned about? If required I can paste the passage from the university offer letter that says subject to performance and also passage from ukba appendix form.

Zarrar_
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zarrar_ » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 am

Appendix form says;

Do I qualify under Appendix FM 1.7 below?
"Income from a maintenance grant or stipend (not a loan) associated with undergraduate study or postgraduate study or research received by the applicant’s partner or the applicant can be counted towards the financial requirement. The person must be currently in receipt of the grant or stipend or will be within 3 months of the date of application, and the grant or stipend must be payable for a period of at least 12 months, or for at least one full academic year, from the date of application or from the date on which payment of the grant or stipend will commence. Where the grant or stipend is paid on a tax-free basis, see section 6.4. of this guidance for further information."

My university offer letter says;

The studentship is available for UK/EU candidates registering for PhD
degree study on a full-time basis for a maximum period of 4 years commencing no later than
1 September 2018. The offer of this Studentship is subject to the following conditions:

The award is tenable for one year in the first instance is renewable
annually for your second, third and fourth years of study subject to satisfactory
academic progress, and on condition that you have been successful in the “transfer”
process and you are eligible for full PhD registration at the start of your second year
of research. If transfer to full PhD registration is not achieved within 12 months, the
studentship will be withdrawn unless there are extenuating circumstances;