ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crissel76
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

British passport for child

Post by crissel76 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi , I am a EEA national and I have a 8 years old daugther born in the UK in March 2010. She has lived in the UK all her life and she consider herself British.Now when applying for British passport they requested me to prove that I was settle i the UK for the 5 years prior.
I have a resident certificate (the Blue one) from 2008 and I have NI contribution from 2006.But when I have arrived in February 2005 I spent a year as an aupair ,on the purpose to find a job as a chef, with an english family that I have known for a long time and for which I have aupaird on and off since 1999 before deciding to move to UK permanently in 2005.
They used to pay me pocket money, provide me with accomodation, meals and all the extras like cinemas ticketa and so on.
Whatever else I needed I was self sufficient due to the fact that I have saved money from my summer job as a chef and I was living home with my.partents.
When applying for my.daugther passport I have applied as self sufficient fro 2005-2006 and worker for 2006 to.2010.
I have always worked,never left the UK if not on Holidays and my two youger sons have both British
Passports.
But the HO sent back the application refusing her the passport.
I did provide them with my EEA health card, plus the Italian equivalent of a P60 showing my earnings for the year 2004/2005. I have also specified that I could not provide them with any bank statment showing my savings due to the fact that back then ,13 years ago, I only had an Italian bank account that has been close since at least 2011 and I have no access to this information.
I would like to know.if there is anything else I can do, what are my daugther's rights.
They reply to me that she can easily get naturalization but I don't think is fair it looks like that they refuser her passport to get a more lucrative £ 1020 fee.
Thanks for your time and help
Cris

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British passport for child

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Did you consult this document before applying:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications
Also the guidance HMPO use:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... Policy.pdf
Not sure this helps you. How did you prove settle status for the younger sons' passports?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

crissel76
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by crissel76 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:00 pm

For the other two, they are 5 and 6 year younger so I had all the NI plus British bank account and prove of employment for more than 10 years.
While for her they are ok from 2006 to 2010 but they are questioning 2005 when I stated I was self sufficient, but they said the evidence was not enough cause they wanted bank statments that as I said I am not able to access.

crissel76
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by crissel76 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Yes I have read all the guidances.
But for example the evidance of not receiving any public finds...in the form.of a letter from the DWP, I have call them today and they said to me they do not do such a thing so I can't provide them with that either.
Never claim benefits and during the time 2005 to 2006 I was single and leaving as an au pair with very little expenses at all.

crissel76
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by crissel76 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:53 pm

Any other suggestion, there must be a way.to get her a British passport, since we never moved fror the past 13 years.
Hope some out there can help
Thanks
Cris

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:18 pm

If the child was born in the UK and has lived in the UK for the first ten years of their life with an absence of no more than 90 days in each of the first ten years, then they can register as a British citizen after those ten years.

Have you already got a DCPR? If not, submit the same evidence that you are submitting to the Passport Office for a DCPR. The team that issues DCPR is more knowledgeable of the EU law side of things. If they issue you a DCPR based on that evidence, then you can submit the DCPR as evidence of PR before the child was born and the Passport Office will be less likely to refuse your child's British passport application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

crissel76
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by crissel76 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:39 am

I have a certificate of residence( a sticker on a blue booklet), that is what they used to issue when you apply for residance back in 2008. Do I need to apply for a DCPR or a replacement of what I have?Do I need to apply for a DCPR for my daughter at the same time?
She is turning 9 in March so even if she has lived here or her life I guess I need to wait until she is 10 to use that to get her passport.
Also what you are saying is the the DCPR would go back until 2005 therefore giving me the time frame they want at the passport office?
Am I correct?
Thanks for your help so far.
Cris

crissel76
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by crissel76 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:11 am

crissel76 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:39 am
I have a certificate of residence( a sticker on a blue booklet), that is what they used to issue when you apply for residance back in 2008. Do I need to apply for a DCPR or a replacement of what I have?Do I need to apply for a DCPR for my daughter at the same time?
She is turning 9 in March so even if she has lived here or her life I guess I need to wait until she is 10 to use that to get her passport.
Also what you are saying is the the DCPR would go back until 2005 therefore giving me the time frame they want at the passport office?
Am I correct?
Cris

Hioru

Post by Hioru » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:24 pm

crissel76 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:39 am
Am I correct?
Cris
It needs to say on the sticker "Document Certifying Permanent Residence". If it's a Residence Certificate, that's a different document. So if it doesn't say so, apply for one and as the evidence use any 5 years before your daughter was born. For example, 2005-2010 but it can be any 5 years before 2010/your daughter's birthday. To be fair, just in case, I would advise to use any 5 year period before your first child's birth.

When they approve the DCPR on the letter they will mention the date when you have acquired your Permanent Resident status.

The rule is who is born to a Permanent Resident is British. Therefore, if you have a DCPR and the letter says you have acquired the status before your daughter's birthday, this would be a strong evidence that you can send to the Passport Office.