ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legalisation of UK marriage cert with IHC

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rshk
Newly Registered
India

Legalisation of UK marriage cert with IHC

Post by rshk » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi all,

New to this forum, please bear if it's not the correct place to post.

I (Indian passport holder on Tier 2) registered my marriage with my partner (British passport holder) in London couple of months ago.

I wanted to enquire if anyone is aware how to procure Indian marriage certificate using UK marriage certificate? Is UK marriage cert recognised in India? Is there any service in Indian High Commission to help issue an equivalent Indian marriage cert?

Many thanks.

jfrusc

Re: Legalisation of UK marriage cert with IHC

Post by jfrusc » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:17 pm

Are you sure they would issue an Indian Marriage certificate? After all you were married in the UK, by a UK registrar. For an Indian Marriage certificate I presume you'd have to go through the same process in India.

Perhaps they would issue some document recognising your UK Marriage Certificate. But they will recognise a legalised/appostiled UK document anyway, so not sure what this would offer above getting your UK certificate legalised. In fact I presume they'd make you get it legalised/appostiled anyway, prior to issuing any Indian version.

Here is a link to the legalisation/aposstile service:

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised