ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Financial Calculation Help Required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

goshytiger
Newly Registered
Australia

Spouse Visa - Financial Calculation Help Required

Post by goshytiger » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:47 pm

Hey,

I'm a British Citizen and my Australian wife are applying for a spouse visa to reside in the UK.

My wife has her appointment on 8th January in Perth.

We have absolutely everything in place and in good order with no other complications except for this...

I have been working for my company since March 2018 - My salary is £21k - comfortably above the threshold.

My last 6 months payslips are all over the £1550 minimum except for my October payslip.

July – £1712.59
August – £1817.23
September – £2185.75
October – £900.00
November – £1991.95
December - £1712.59

My October payslip is £900 because I took 2 weeks unpaid leave for the wedding.

I understand the way they assess financial income is by taking the lowest monthly salary and x 12?

In this case it would be £900 x 12 = £10,800 which is way below the threshold of £18,600.

Given that I have a cover letter to explain the drop in pay in October for the wedding, along with it showing my salary of £21000 on all my payslips, employment verification letter and original contract.

My question is do you think they will straight up reject my application based on this?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa - Financial Calculation Help Required

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:10 am

Be cooled down because based on your figures you can comfortably meet the financial requirement through category A non-salaried person route where instead taking the lowest figure the average of last 6 months is taking to calculate the annualized wages like in your case as below:

£1712.59 + £1817.23+ £2185.75 + £900.00 +£1991.95 + £1712.59/6×12= £20640.22
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

goshytiger
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by goshytiger » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:28 am

Hey, thank you so much for your help.

Thats fine, thanks for cooling my concern.

However, it says on my contract,payslip and employer verification that I am on a salary of £21,000 - therefore they would calculate my income using my payslips this way wouldn't they (highlighted in bold)?

5.1.4. The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:
Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period.
Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).

Also, it seems like there isn't an option on the Appendix 2 form to put non-salaried - it only gives you the option to out salaried employment.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:26 pm

goshytiger wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:28 am
Hey, thank you so much for your help.

Thats fine, thanks for cooling my concern.

However, it says on my contract,payslip and employer verification that I am on a salary of £21,000 - therefore they would calculate my income using my payslips this way wouldn't they (highlighted in bold)?

5.1.4. The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:
Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period.
Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).

Also, it seems like there isn't an option on the Appendix 2 form to put non-salaried - it only gives you the option to out salaried employment.

Thanks
Yes we all are aware that there is no option for non-salaried person on Appendix 2 but still you have to calculate your average annualized income by the following formula and the resulting figure just write it in annual income section on the form:

total of last 6 months wages/6*12= Annual income from non-salaried person from category A
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

goshytiger
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by goshytiger » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:02 am

Yeah I totally understand your point.

I'm just torn between applying now or waiting until April when my payslips will all be over £1550.

You say it will be fine to apply now - however my solicitor is advising me to wait til April.

When I apply shall I give more than 6 months payslips and bank statements or is that just unnecessary and have no affect?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:41 pm

goshytiger wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:02 am
Yeah I totally understand your point.

I'm just torn between applying now or waiting until April when my payslips will all be over £1550.

You say it will be fine to apply now - however my solicitor is advising me to wait til April.

When I apply shall I give more than 6 months payslips and bank statements or is that just unnecessary and have no affect?
Only for your own of peace of mind if you wish then can wait until April. But see the following example from HO official guidance which you read yourself & share it with your solicitor too:
Example (c) The applicant’s partner is in non-salaried employment in the UK. He works on a weekly rota basis and does not receive any paid holidays. He has earned £450 each week in the same job for the last 7 calendar months, except for the week prior to the date of application when he earned £150 owing to a holiday. Non-salaried income = (gross earnings from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) x 12 = ((25 weeks x 450 + 1 week x 150) ÷ 6) x 12 = (11,400 ÷ 6) x 12 = £22,800 So the financial requirement is met through Category A non-salaried employment.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf