ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR then british citizenship

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR then british citizenship

Post by bhatti_pk » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:31 pm

dear members

i applied my wife's visa when I was having ILR. She got her first visa valid from Oct 2018 to June 2020.

then I got my british passport in February 2018. My query is that when the duration of my wife's ILR will be completed? And i should count the time from the time she got her visa or from the the time i got my british passport?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: ILR then british citizenship

Post by seagul » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:55 pm

bhatti_pk wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:31 pm
dear members

i applied my wife's visa when I was having ILR. She got her first visa valid from Oct 2018 to June 2020.

then I got my british passport in February 2018. My query is that when the duration of my wife's ILR will be completed? And i should count the time from the time she got her visa or from the the time i got my british passport?
Spouse visa conditions & requirements remain same whether the sponsor has ILR or British passport. So no affect at all.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:22 am

The 5 years qualifying period for ILR is counted from the date of entry into the UK
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:18 am

Thank you for your replies.

Just want to confirm the count down for 5 years time will be from initial Visa granted for spouse WHEN I WAS IN ILR , or the count down starts again from zero days when I have British citizenship?

will appreciate if anyone will share the guidance lines / or any official link from homeoffice on below query.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:34 am

bhatti_pk wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:18 am
Thank you for your replies.

Just want to confirm the count down for 5 years time will be from initial Visa granted for spouse WHEN I WAS IN ILR , or the count down starts again from zero days when I have British citizenship?

will appreciate if anyone will share the guidance lines / or any official link from homeoffice on below query.

thanks
Spouse of ILR holder and spouse of BC is the SAME visa category!!!

Residence starts from date she entered on her current visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:46 am

thank you to confirm this CR001