ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Academic IELTS for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lalipop
Newly Registered
Honduras

Academic IELTS for Spouse Visa

Post by Lalipop » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:27 pm

Hello guys,

I got recently engaged to my partner who is a British Citizen and planning to get married in this month, I am currently under a tier 4 student visa expiring in the beginning of February. I did an academic IELTS exam in December for the hopes to continue studying in the UK and at the same time to prove my English abilities to the Home Office. We spoke to a lawyer and said that it should not be a problem, but I am confused due that my Exam does not say UKVI or have any identification for UKVI , is this really important? in despite of the fact that my CEFR score is Band 7 ? Do I need to take a Life Skill IELTS? I am so confused and we are running out of time, please help !! :oops:

Casa

Re: Academic IELTS for Spouse Visa

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:42 pm

Yes, you need a Life Skills IELTS A1 level. See the reason below:
"How is my IELTS test different if I take it for UK visa purposes?

Separate sessions will be held for UKVI applicants. You must ensure you register for an “IELTS for UKVI” test date at the locations listed here.

The IELTS test for UK visa purposes is designed to meet certain administrative requirements that are specific to UK Visas and Immigration. Test Report Forms will be slightly different, to show that test takers have taken the test at an IELTS UK visa session
."

The certificate will also have a UKVI reference number.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

prejay

Post by prejay » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:07 am

If your speaking and listening is as good as your written, I'd suggest going for B1. Otherwise you're going to pay for A1 - maybe even A2 on renewal - and then B1 for ILR. If you get B1 in the bag now (check the videos and gauge confidence) then you'll save money in the long run (worst case - save nothing as you don't stay here but best case you save ~£200).

nemo999

Post by nemo999 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:18 pm

If someone has a bachelor degree, and if that degree was taught in English and you have certificates for that, one can apply to UKVI certificate from NARIC. UK NARIC issues a certificate and all these documents fulfill your English language requirement.

Please check visa form guidelines, as my advice is just for guidance.