ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS Dependent extension (Main app on ILR) + IHS Question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Tier 2 PBS Dependent extension (Main app on ILR) + IHS Question

Post by hashmil » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi there,

I've been out of the loop and just found out that the IHS is increasing on the 8th Jan (coming Tuesday!) and frantically trying to get my wife's Tier 2 PBS dependant visa extension application done before that!

I got my ILR in August, and my wife's current Tier 2 expires 13th February. She's eligible for her ILR in April 2020.

From what I've read on this forum this is what I've gathered

1. info: https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
2. application: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner
3. I have to pay the IHS here: https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... cation/pay
4. Bank statements with minimum funds shown for 90 days. (I've got for both of ours)
5. I haven't read anywhere about this, but from this forum i've seen that i need a selection of documents covering the most recent 2 years of co-inhabitation?
6. Do I need any more documents?

My questions for the IHS is,

1. How many years would i have to pay for? I'm assuming i can select "Tier 2 - upto 3 years" instead of "Tier 2 - over 3 years" which means i have to pay for 3 years?

I hoping to see if i can apply tomorrow (4th Jan) or latest on Monday (7th Jan) before the IHS goes up!

Thanks in advance for the replies!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 PBS Dependent extension (Main app on ILR) + IHS Question

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:26 pm

It is a 3 year extension as stated in the immigration rules and IHS for 3 years is payable. You cannot choose a lesser time visa validity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:26 pm
It is a 3 year extension as stated in the immigration rules and IHS for 3 years is payable. You cannot choose a lesser time visa validity.

Thanks for this. I have another question:

On the IHS site, it says i need the start and end date of the Certificate of Sponsorship. I am on the ILR visa now, so do i need this?

And if i do need this, do i just put in the start and end dates of my old Tier 2 visas?

Much appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:20 pm

Put an end date of 3 years ahead.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:20 pm
thanks - i just registered and went through the IHS website to see if they actually ask for it. But they didn't.

So for anyone else googling this in the future - if you select Tier 2 PBS dependant in the visa type, then they don't ask anything about the certificate of sponsorship.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:20 pm
Hey, so hey so probably a few silly questions:

Earlier when we extended my Tier 2 visa along with my wife's dependent visa, which was done via my company's solicitors, we never provided any documentation such as utility bills/tax/marriage certificates/joint bank statements etc. This time as we are doing it ourselves (reminder: i already have my ILR and extending wife's Tier 2 PBS dependant) i'm thinking it's safe to have these documents anyway? I've gathered all the documents, and have 24 months of bank statements of the joint account which is making up a HUGE pile. Do i need to show all 24 months? or can i pick and choose random statements throughout the 2 years?

thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:03 pm

A selection of documents for every 3 or 4 months should be fine for the last 2 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:03 pm
A selection of documents for every 3 or 4 months should be fine for the last 2 years.
awesome - thanks again!

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:53 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:03 pm
hey so, i've just paid for the application. I thought that the dependant application fee was £706, but i got different prices shown here when i went to pay -

is it because this is the 2nd time we are PBS dependant visa. I followed the link above (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner) for the application and paid £600 for the IHS as well.

Just about to book an appointment, but super confused by the pricing.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:13 pm

crap! I MESSED UP! how do i withdraw my application? anyone!? i'm panicking :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 pm

How have you messed up??

Did you select shortage occupation dependent partner??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 pm
How have you messed up??

Did you select shortage occupation dependent partner??
pretty much yes
when they asked if my job was in the "shortage occupation list" i selected Yes instead of No. Which is why the payment charge is so low.

I called UKVI - and have got conflicting answers from them
One of them told that i have to make a new application, which will cancel the first application (and lose the application fee) and the IHS will be refunded in 6 weeks automatically.
I called again to double check, and the guy told me that i CANNOT make a new application when there is an existing application. He said i had to first withdraw and then make a new application. Alternatively, he said that i can write a cover letter and take it in with the documents (i selected new service).

i have no idea what to do now. any advice would be helpful.

(for some reason this website is super slow today as well :-/)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Write a detail letter explaining the issue. HO will likely ask you to make a payment for the difference. It might also delay your application decision.

So choose the service you want and hop e for the best.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:37 pm
Write a detail letter explaining the issue. HO will likely ask you to make a payment for the difference. It might also delay your application decision.

So choose the service you want and hop e for the best.
Hey, so i'm thinking of making a fresh application again (today before the IHS goes up tomorrow).

do i select "yes" for Other Home Office applications ( and put the reference number in.

does this cancel the first application and consider the new one. I'm aware i'll forfeit the payment i made for the first application, (which is okay at this stage)

or should i just consider just writing a cover letter and hope for the best as you say? not sure how long this process will take as well :-/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:54 pm

or should i just consider just writing a cover letter and hope for the best as you say? not sure how long this process will take as well :-
This one.

Yout first question is relevant if you have an application already being processed by HO and you want to vary. Not applicable to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:54 pm
or should i just consider just writing a cover letter and hope for the best as you say? not sure how long this process will take as well :-
This one.

Yout first question is relevant if you have an application already being processed by HO and you want to vary. Not applicable to you.
i got this advice from the immigration advisor at work:

"I would look to submit a new application. It may be worth withdrawing the application using the online form and sending the Home Office an email requesting a refund. "

When i go to https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa (the link UKVI gave over the phone) and select the link to the form https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml it says that "This form should be used if:
You have an outstanding application with the Home Office and now wish to withdraw this and leave the UK"

my question is, as i havent yet submitted biometrics or the documents (new service) my application wouldnt be counted as an 'outstanding application' right?

can i proceed to just make a new application and ignore/abandon the current application (and not make the biometric/documentation booking and forfeit it). Will it be in an issue to have two applications paid for in the system?

i'm just not sure about taking the risk of writing a cover letter route...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Highly likely HO would ask you to pay the difference.

I can't comment any further, sorry. You need to decide what is best for you but you do risk not getting the money back that you have paid.

Good luck.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:26 pm

I can't comment any further, sorry. You need to decide what is best for you but you do risk not getting the money back that you have paid.

Good luck.
Thanks again. I’ll write a cover letter explaining the mistake/error I’ve made (and offer a payment method as an attachement?) and submit along with my documents. I hope they accept it. If not I’ve got a time till mid Feb until the visa expires to reapply I guess.

Will post progress of how things go here.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Good luck.
Here's an update!

APPROVED!!

Had the appointment this morning, and i had submitted a cover letter explaining the error, and even included my debit card details in case they want to charge the difference. I had selected the super-priority service, so they sent the email confirmation a little while ago! They haven't taken any payments or asked for the extra payment so far!

this is what the email said:
"I’m pleased to confirm that your application for further leave to remain under Tier 2 of the immigration arrangements has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.

Kind Regards,

Case-Worker"
PHEW! thanks again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Congrats, glad it worked out with cover letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jeetmazumdar
Newly Registered
India

Post by jeetmazumdar » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:34 am

Hi Hashmil,

How did you manage to pay IHS as in my case it calculating £2400 for my wife's PBS dependent extension? My situation is pretty much the same as you. I am on ILR and it valid till 2024. While calculating the IHS, it considering 6 years instead of 3 years.

Any pointers would be of great help.

Thanks,
Arijeet

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:39 am

jeetmazumdar wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:34 am
Hi Hashmil,

How did you manage to pay IHS as in my case it calculating £2400 for my wife's PBS dependent extension? My situation is pretty much the same as you. I am on ILR and it valid till 2024. While calculating the IHS, it considering 6 years instead of 3 years.

Any pointers would be of great help.

Thanks,
Arijeet
Please continue in your own topic you already have.

This issue has been answered 100s of times on the forum. Put ILR expiry date as 3 years from now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)