ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Online Form for baby born in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

MN1 Online Form for baby born in the UK

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:07 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am filling online MN1 form for my 12 months old baby born in the UK, we didnt apply for Indian passport, as i got my ILR now, planning to apply for MN1.

Please advice regarding the parent consent form, as i am on document check list page on line form, does it going to come after completing this page or do we need to prepare any format for that?

on the document check list page it shows "Document to prove mother's parental responsibility to the baby" what kind of document do we need to submit for this? is UK birth certificate is enough for this?

Do we need to upload all documents as part of online application?

please help me with the process.

thanks

vpruk
Mood:

Re: MN1 Online Form for baby born in the UK

Post by vpruk » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi siva

The consent form wil come in next page

I assume the Uk birth certificate is fine

I am filling the same and hope will book an appointment soon

🙏
Thanks

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:17 pm

I didn't have any consent form from the system as it hasn't showed up at all, so we wrote one as per instruction on the check list, including address, name and all details they mention, that we do give consent for the child to be registered. There are few details on your check list regarding what that has to include.

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Hi All,
Happy to update you that we have received British citizen for my baby, we applied on Jan 9th 2019 and we received the certificate on 15th of feb 2019.

Thanks for your help.

Mackanzie42
Newly Registered

Post by Mackanzie42 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:35 am

Hello there, can you please tell me what have you input on the address part on the online form if you can still remember .I am apply for my daughter and on the question Did you live at this address for 5 years the answer is no as she is only 4 but the next page is for previous address and she has only live at the current one.

Second they ask for child birth certificate as well as proff of parentall responsability for the child from both mother and father. The child is born here and we are eea national recently settle here under new scheme and we are married so therefore we both have parental responsability shown on the child birth certificate.

What do I need to send? I phone them and they said is my birth certificate witch is a foreigh one so I am unsure if I need to translate and send that?
Also the guide state all child passports is that refering only for the children coming from abroad? The form ask only for the pasport .
I would appreciate if you can aswer to this points if you can still remember.Thank you .Stela

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Hi Stela,
I really forgot what i updated in my application. for the address details, you can add current address since you daughter started to live in that address, if she dont have any previous address leave the next page. If you have any foreign address for the previous address, please update that.

In regards with parental responsibility, we sent the UK birth certificate which has both parents name on it. if your certificate in other language, you need to translate it in English with the help of professionals, please read MN1 guidance.

We applied for British citizenship on my PR status, so added my 3 months bank statement to prove the address. Its not mandatory, i just added one.
Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mackanzie42
Newly Registered

Post by Mackanzie42 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:30 am

Thank you for your reply but unless you add all details as when you move in and when you move out plus the section of previous address on the same page you can go futher.I though of add yes and explain in a letter why .
Thank you again.Her birth certificate is on English as she was born here.

bnagdev282
Newly Registered
India

Post by bnagdev282 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi , I a simple question . While filling in the declaration section in the online form for my son(5 year old) it asks :
1. I am the applicant or
2. I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

Just wanted to check if i should select 2 but wanted to clarify that I am not his solicitor but as a parent acting on his behalf so bit confused :roll:

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:30 am

Yes the second option is right 😊

All the best

Karthir
Newly Registered
India

Post by Karthir » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi Siva
Does naturalisation certificate will be sent under baby's name or father's name in post?
Why I'm asking is because I'm going on a long business trip with my family. I'm planning to include another correspondence address which will be my friend's address with my name?
If the post is with my name, I can leave them my id to receive the post

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Karthir wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 pm
Hi Siva
Does naturalisation certificate will be sent under baby's name or father's name in post?
Why I'm asking is because I'm going on a long business trip with my family. I'm planning to include another correspondence address which will be my friend's address with my name?
If the post is with my name, I can leave them my id to receive the post

Thanks
Addressed to the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:10 am

Hi Karthir,
Do you mean the bitish registration certificate ? It comes on baby's name, just a normal post, not even waterproof cover, the postman just leave it inside our door, does not require any proof to receive it. You will receive the certificate with in 3 weeks after submitting MN1.

After receiving the certificate, we need to apply for British passport, that comes in a very secured private courier, you may require proof (comes on father's name)but not compulsory.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks

Karthir
Newly Registered
India

Post by Karthir » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Thanks both for your reply :)
Helpful information

Regards

Karthir
Newly Registered
India

Post by Karthir » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:38 pm

For the professional referral, whom did you get it from?
My GP is not willing to provide. I don't know any health visitor too.
Rgds

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi karthir,
For Mn1 you can get one from any British passport holder above 18 years old individual. Second one you can get it from health visitor or any professional person you know who is also a British passport holder.

I got one from my ex colleague and another one from VAT registered company owner who is known through my friend.

For passport we need 1 referee, for that I got it from Same VAT registered company owner.

You can try any solicitors as well.

Thanks

Karthir
Newly Registered
India

Post by Karthir » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:00 am

Thanks for your reply
Will try to do the same

Regards

Satish1986
Newly Registered
India

Post by Satish1986 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:46 pm

SivaPrasad30 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:21 pm
Hi All,
Happy to update you that we have received British citizen for my baby, we applied on Jan 9th 2019 and we received the certificate on 15th of feb 2019.

Thanks for your help.
Hi Siva,

Did you fill the child nationality as a Indian in the application form ?

Kind regards,
Satish

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:46 am

Hi satish,
We didn't apply for any nationality until we apply for British citizenship, though on the online application we updated as Indian national as we have to update that box otherwise it won't go further. But there is a box we explained why we didn't apply for the Indian nationality.

Thanks

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:26 pm

Hi Siva

I am sure you have already told about the reference but I want double check with my situation. I am applying MN1 for my 4 years daughter online and stuck at Professional Reference

I have a friend who works as a Pharmacist but not in the same area where I reside, can I use his reference as a professional reference or a friend mine is a GP but we don't go to his GP, both are British Passport holders.

Please share your experience and advise

Thanks

SivaPrasad30
Newly Registered
India

Post by SivaPrasad30 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi Raghu,
You can get from them, it doesn't matter about the area they reside. One of my refree is from different place from where I am living. As along as they are British passport holders and professionals above 18 years that's fine.

Thanks

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:12 pm

Thank you very much for the update Siva. you made my day

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi Siva

Sorry one last question, I have now filled the application after the consent forms I have got only one option to choose standard service and the application process will be done in 6 months, You have the certificate within the two months, did you have an option to choose any priority service or do had only standard service.

Thank

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi Siva

Can you please clarify me on the documents upload pleas,
    Do we need to scan and upload the consent forms in sopra stera uplaod section, if so do we need add this in other section
      Do we need to upload the ILR visa & Passports of the parents also any address proof to be added in the application.

Please share your experiance

Thank you very much

JodyR
      Newly Registered
      Mood:
      South Africa

Post by JodyR » Tue May 28, 2019 7:37 am

SivaPrasad30 wrote:
      Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:45 pm
      As along as they are British passport holders and professionals above 18 years that's fine.
      My Professional referee is a dentist, but she is an Irish passport holder living in the UK. Will an Irish Passport be accepted as British Citizen?

CR001
      Mood:
      South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:25 am

JodyR wrote:
      Tue May 28, 2019 7:37 am
      SivaPrasad30 wrote:
      Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:45 pm
      As along as they are British passport holders and professionals above 18 years that's fine.
      My Professional referee is a dentist, but she is an Irish passport holder living in the UK. Will an Irish Passport be accepted as British Citizen?
      Kindly continue all your questions in your own topic, link below, rather than tagging onto other members threads.

british-citizenship/mn1-form-applicatio ... l#p1785493
      Char (CR001 not Casa)
      In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
      Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.