ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

speeding points

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cynthia2019
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

speeding points

Post by cynthia2019 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 pm

when declaring speeding points and fines do you also declare the ones that no longer show on your license. for example I was given 3 points for speeding 5years ago but they no longer show on my license do I disclose those. I am applying for my citizenship.

DocKnow
Sri Lanka

Re: speeding points

Post by DocKnow » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Yes it needs to be disclosed. It is a Fixed penalty notice and regardless of whether it's expired, AN form specifically asks for it.

cynthia2019
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by cynthia2019 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:54 pm

how would you access that information because it not longer shows if you log in on DVLA . I thought after 4 years it's wiped out . I never went to court just paid a fine

Tangon
Newly Registered

Post by Tangon » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:42 pm

I have had 3 points for doing 80 on the 60 zone. It was about 15 years ago do I have to mention this on the application. I have the old paper licence (Showing my age now). I am about to apply for British Citizenship.