ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inconsistent Signature

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Amk48
Newly Registered
Ireland

Inconsistent Signature

Post by Amk48 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Hello Everybody,

I submitted by Irish Naturalization application last month with all the required documentations, forms etc. Yesterday, received a post from them requesting for additional information. One of which seems strange to me and not sure how to answer. They mentioned that the signature on my passport (issued in 2018) and the signature on statutory declaration on the naturalization form is inconsistent. They asked me to provide a written (not typed) letter of explanation for this inconsistency. I do not recollect any circumstances that would have caused such discrepancy. May be it was just a slip of hand or the hurry to get all the documents signed infront of Solicitor, that there was a difference noticeable. But I have not changed my signature any point of time and it could just be due to elapsed time between passport or slip of hand/hurry while signing the document in front of Solicitor.

Has anyone got similar query from them earlier? What should be the response?

Appreciate your valuable feedback.

Thank you.

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Inconsistent Signature

Post by markem » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:52 pm

I know someone who was in the same situation. She did not keep a copy of the signatures so couldn't properly answer as to the exact differences.

She wrote a letter that explained that after she got married her signature changed and the new signature has been "evolving", and that sometimes she accidentally signs her maiden name. She also noted the circumstances at the time of signing (rushed in lawyer's office) that might have contributed to a less than perfect signature.

She's heard nothing further (3+ months on), so is assuming it's fine.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:24 am

As markem pointed out, it is a very normal thing. I’ve seen quite a few people on this forum discussing this in the past. I myself got a letter as well (my signature on the form is in English, while my signature on my Chinese passport is in Chinese).

You just need to give them a reasonable explanation. There’s nothing to be worried about.

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:19 am

I got the same letter.
I then wrote a letter explaining that my writing has simply evolved during the years bla bla and it was fine for them. After a few weeks I received my second stage letter.

Amk48
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Amk48 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Thank You so much for all of you ,really apperciated your time and help, im sending them explanation letter today, i hope everything will be okay🤞. thanks again