ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer is refusing to write a letter confirming my salary and employment status

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

george_101
Newly Registered

Employer is refusing to write a letter confirming my salary and employment status

Post by george_101 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi,

I am currently applying for a spouse visa for my wife. I meet the salary requirements but my employer is refusing to write a letter of employment. I work for an agency on a temporary ongoing basis. Do I have any recourse to force them to do it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employer is refusing to write a letter confirming my salary and employment status

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 pm

Do I have any recourse to force them to do it?
No not really.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: Employer is refusing to write a letter confirming my salary and employment status

Post by CMOSUK » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:31 am

george_101 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:59 pm
Hi,

I am currently applying for a spouse visa for my wife. I meet the salary requirements but my employer is refusing to write a letter of employment. I work for an agency on a temporary ongoing basis. Do I have any recourse to force them to do it?
Hi,

You could try and do a SAR and request this information held about you, obviously you would have to write to them and pay the fee requested by them, from my understanding and memory, non medical SAR's where between £10 to £20.

If your employer still fails to comply within the given time frame or refuses without reason (there must be a valid reason for not providing one, for example, such as something have a substantial impact of prejudice against you and another employee involved rather than a mere risk) then the ICO can enforce the law and possible heavily fine the organisation and look at where there may have been breaches under the GDPR 2016 (commenced on 25 May 2018)

You should look at the ICO website, you wil get info on how to do a SAR and what you can request as well as what the GDPR has to be followed by an organisation.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:38 am

Temping agencies rarely give such letters, not even for renting a property as we discovered recently.

While the OP may be employed on a temp ongoing basis, they are not considered "permanent employees" and are usually on a zero hour contract, ie you only get paid if you work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.