ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum Salary requirement for Tier 2 General Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

OT2019OT
Newly Registered
India

Please Help- Tier 2 visa Salary requirements

Post by OT2019OT » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm

Hi all,

I am very confused about the salary component of the tier 2 Visa application.

I have been granted a RCOS, with salary of £26000(incl. HCLA). I am an OCcupational therapist and the job is band 5 NHS post. Working hours 37.5 p/w. The COS is for 3 years. I am 27 years old. I have not yet applied for my Visa.

The Tier 2 visa requirements states that I have to meet a salary criteria of £30,000 or relevant SoC rate (£23k for band 5 OT), WHICHEVER IS HIGHER.

So even if the RCoS is granted with the salary of £26k I fear that my Tier 2 visa will still be rejected as the salary is below £30k.

Has anyone over the age of 26 and salary below £30k been considered as a new entrant and therefore granted tier 2 visa?

Please help. Thank you!

OT2019OT
Newly Registered
India

Minimum Salary requirement for Tier 2 General Visa

Post by OT2019OT » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi all,

I am very confused about the salary component of the tier 2 Visa application.

I have been granted a RCOS, with salary of £26000(incl. HCLA). I am an OCcupational therapist and the job is band 5 NHS post. Working hours 37.5 p/w. The COS is for 3 years. I am 27 years old. I have not yet applied for my Visa.

The Tier 2 visa requirements states that I have to meet a salary criteria of £30,000 or relevant SoC rate (£23k for band 5 OT), WHICHEVER IS HIGHER.

So even if the RCoS is granted with the salary of £26k I fear that my Tier 2 visa will still be rejected as the salary is below £30k.

Has anyone over the age of 26 and salary below £30k been considered as a new entrant and therefore granted tier 2 visa?

Please help. Thank you!

Johnnydep
Mood:

Re: Minimum Salary requirement for Tier 2 General Visa

Post by Johnnydep » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:50 pm

I cannot remember off my head how they define it.

But I found this link quite useful. If they say below 26 as new entrant or otherwise experienced. I would advise you to check with a solicitor for some advice.

Are you first time applicant and tier 4 to tier 2 switch?
https://www.nhsemployers.org/case-studi ... -factsheet