ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSC card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

PSC card

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:12 am

Hi might be a stupid question.do we require to have PSC card to apply for citizenship? I am getting different opinions from different ppl some say dont need some said do need. Even one solicitor told me dont need and some say do need. So any expert on this who applied recently can tell me plz

ghsherazi
India

Re: PSC card

Post by ghsherazi » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:35 am

Zohaibmustafa wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:12 am
Hi might be a stupid question.do we require to have PSC card to apply for citizenship? I am getting different opinions from different ppl some say dont need some said do need. Even one solicitor told me dont need and some say do need. So any expert on this who applied recently can tell me plz
Hi ZohaibMustafa
Since 2016 PSC card is must for application for citizenship so if you send your application without PSC card they will request you again for PSC so better send your application with copy of PSC Card
Good luck

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:21 am

From the INIS website:

From 19th September 2016 anyone applying for a certificate of naturalisation who is aged 18 and above and who is resident in the State, must be registered with the Department of Social Protection for a Public Services Card (PSC).

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:36 pm

We submitted citizenship application recently, but they didn't require a copy of PSC. Although we have PSC.
ghsherazi wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:35 am
Zohaibmustafa wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:12 am
Hi ZohaibMustafa
Since 2016 PSC card is must for application for citizenship so if you send your application without PSC card they will request you again for PSC so better send your application with copy of PSC Card
Good luck

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:58 pm

So i can still apply without psc card?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:00 pm

Zohaibmustafa wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:58 pm
So i can still apply without psc card?
No.

You don't need to submit the physical copy of PSC, but you do need to complete the registration process of PSC, so that they can confirm your address, PPS number, your DOB, biometrics etc.