ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 for my 15month son- 2 questions please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SidG
India

MN1 for my 15month son- 2 questions please

Post by SidG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:35 pm

Hi friends/experts

Have two questions as follows:

1. Do i need to paste photographs of my 15 months old son (applicant) on both the Referees and Identity form?

2. My son was born in UK last year (Oct'17) and i've got my ILR in Dec'18- applying under section 3(1)- he has no form of identity (no passport, no previous BRP, no identity card etc) except birth certificate. While filling up his application form- i have to put nationality (you can't proceed without putting a nationality and you can't keep nationality blank), since us (both parents) still has Indian passports we have put our son's nationality as Indian- have we done the right thing? UKVI helpline for nationality services (03001232253) is not of much help either as they have advised to put this in cover letter for case worker to decide..

Thanks
Sid

vpruk
Mood:

Re: MN1 for my 15month son- 2 questions please

Post by vpruk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi

I just filed and submitted online . Got appointment this Saturday for my daughter.

1. I did stick a photo in first page and used that for both referee as it same and scanned in case they need.

2. Indian by descent as parents are Indian.

Hope it helps

Did you get any document checklist at the end ? Does it ask for parental responsibility proofs?

Thanks

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi vpruk

Thanks for your reply, i've also filled online application today, submitted the fees and done biometrics today itself for my son.
We have applied for standard application and paid £1012 so i have to send physical docs to Home office in Liverpool- what appointment you got for friday? we didn't get any priority appointment option at time of submission.

Document checklist says parental responsibility for both the parents- that's the Consent to the application which needs to be signed by both the parents and then birth certificate which anyways has name of both the parents.

Trust this clarifies..

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:10 pm

Hi

Where did you biometric !

Didnt you upload any documents online in new system?

I have paid 100£ but no priorty service for this application .

Who said you need to send the documents to Liverpool!

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:27 pm

Now you have got me confused completely. What we applied for is : Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen and service option chosen is Standard (fees of £1012).
After submitting this application form, in downlaod document section one can document a printout which a var code which one can take within 15days of application submission for a walk in biometrics in any of the participating post office and that's what i did today.. I think is this is called MN1 application form?
What have you filled and applied for?

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:37 pm

Sorry if I have confused you

Did you select new or existing system when completed application.

Are you aware of new visa system UKVCAS!

Check If the existing system allows this type of application as it changed from November and only certain visa application can be done that way.

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Yeah, i know about new system and infact did my ILR application under new system (Super priority with Sopra steria), but when i did MN1 for my son today- there was only one system- probably the old one where Sopra was not involved at all.. I was able to submit my application, taken print outs of Biometrics , downloaded application and being asked in document check list to send all documents to UKVI at liverpool office address..
Don't know why system has routed me to existing (old system) instead of new one with Sopra..
Will call home office helpline tomorrow on this in that case?
How much you have paid- £1012 ?

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Oh really ! Strange

I paid £ 1031.20

When I chose new service it opened into sopra site where I made an apponumnet for biometric? Oh I need to call home office then !

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:56 pm

See the acknowledgement mail received from Home office today after fees submission, clearly says that we need to attend biometrics & send documents to a address rather than Sopra appintment..I've been routed through existing (old system) whereas you have been through new system via Sopra.. UKVI is going bonkers now a days...God help our would be country

Payment successful
Date: 9 Jan 2019
Name: Mr XXX
Visa: Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen
Fee paid: 1012.00 GBP
Reference: UKVI_XXXXX

This email confirms the amount paid and the application's reference number. We cannot provide an invoice, but this email provides confirmation that we have received your payment.

What you need to do next
You must send your document checklist and supporting documents to the address on the checklist.

Sign in to your application to print your checklist.

You must provide your fingerprints and a photo of your face. You will receive a letter explaining how and where to do this.

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Check the application where it should say wherther you chose old or new swervice!

I can see my application saying new service

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Service Option: Standard
What's showing in your case under service option?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Why are you applying under Section 3(1) which is for a child born abroad and not under section1(3) for a UK born child???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:12 pm

Here you go

Our guru found where it might be went wrong

Thanks CR001 - star 🌟

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi Cr001

I've not applied under section 1(3) or section 3(1). I have put a query in google to apply for MN1 of under 18 child born in UK for naturalization where i have been directed to Gov.uk portal where i have filled entire application online. No where in this form i have selected section 1(3) or 3(1)- no where such an option came when.
In-fact in this online MN1 form i have clearly selected Choose which category to apply under & in options i have selected " You were born in UK and one or both your parents are settled in UK"
I presume now that my application has been routed through old system (have already submitted digital photo for my son) what should i do, what could be potential ramifications?
Best Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:26 pm

You said!!
2. My son was born in UK last year (Oct'17) and i've got my ILR in Dec'18- applying under section 3(1)-
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Sorry for this confusion Char, i 've written section 3(1) just like that thinking only one section is there but actually have not selected any section in this online application as stated above.
What should be my course of action? Is UKVI still allowing MN1 application under old(existing) system?

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi sidg

You are surely in right form as it was same for me did not ask the section at all.
May be you might have selected old system. If you have downloaded the submitted application form please check. In my application it says new service with fees paid £1031.20.

Don’t know whether I can do registration for child under 18 in new system

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:59 pm

What you will be submitting in parental responsibility vpruk for both parents?

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:18 pm

Don’t know exactly what proof they asking for that question!

I am planning to upload some nursery bills ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 pm

I think there is some confusion here in this thread.

Form MN1 covers most forms of child registration, such as under Section 1(3), 3(2), 3(5) and 3(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981. Each of these sections have different requirements and therefore different proofs, but the form is the same. Therefore it is not necessary that everybody needs to submit the same proof, because they may be applying under different sections.

For a Section 1(3) application (UK-born child and one parent has acquired ILR/PR), all you need is proof of parenthood (birth certificate) and proof that one of the parents has acquired ILR/PR (BRP). It is only Section 3(1) applications (typically, but not always, children born abroad, whose parents have acquired British nationality) that require proof of parental responsibility.

B e sure which section the child is applying under. The proofs required will be based on that, not on the Form.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:43 pm

@Secret Simon:Question here is i've been allowed to process my application MN1 application under old (existing) system today whereas for other applicants it's through new system (Via Sopra) hence all this confusion.. Is home office allocates this randomly? I believe from Dec - UKVI have completely stopped Old system!!
Thanks for clarifying about the docs :-)

jagzmann
Newly Registered

Post by jagzmann » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Hey @vpruk

Quick question .. I just filled the same form using the new service. How did you sort the 2 referee forms? Did you scan form with attached photographs and uploaded to sopra website?
vpruk wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:18 pm

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:24 pm

jagzmann wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:30 pm
Hey @vpruk

Quick question .. I just filled the same form using the new service. How did you sort the 2 referee forms? Did you scan form with attached photographs and uploaded to sopra website?
vpruk wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:18 pm

sorry to reply late.

Yes i attached a photo and scanned it after writing the name of the applicant; use that page for both the referee. so made 2 separate referee file containing 2 pages for each referee. hope you got what i am trying to say.

when is your bio metric appointment. did u do with new UKVCAS

jagzmann
Newly Registered

Post by jagzmann » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks mate

I used the new UKVCAS but wasn't sure if to post the referee form or upload as it's not been clearly stated.

Even the link to the rules about what the photograph should look like isn't there anymore which suggests they will be using photo taken on appointment day. Even thinking of uploading without picture :D

I haven't booked an appointment yet

[/quote]

sorry to reply late.

Yes i attached a photo and scanned it after writing the name of the applicant; use that page for both the referee. so made 2 separate referee file containing 2 pages for each referee. hope you got what i am trying to say.

when is your bio metric appointment. did u do with new UKVCAS
[/quote]

pm107
Newly Registered
India

Post by pm107 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:21 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:56 pm
I think there is some confusion here in this thread.

Form MN1 covers most forms of child registration, such as under Section 1(3), 3(2), 3(5) and 3(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981. Each of these sections have different requirements and therefore different proofs, but the form is the same. Therefore it is not necessary that everybody needs to submit the same proof, because they may be applying under different sections.

For a Section 1(3) application (UK-born child and one parent has acquired ILR/PR), all you need is proof of parenthood (birth certificate) and proof that one of the parents has acquired ILR/PR (BRP). It is only Section 3(1) applications (typically, but not always, children born abroad, whose parents have acquired British nationality) that require proof of parental responsibility.

B e sure which section the child is applying under. The proofs required will be based on that, not on the Form.
The online form does not ask for the section explicitly. It asks questions such as if you were born in the UK, if parent(s) are settled in the UK or are British Citizens.
I also disagree with the statement that all you need is proof of parenthood and parent(s) settlement status.
Even with 1(3), the system asks for 2 referrals, parents consent letter and parents' marriage certificate.