ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will refused leave to enter affect ILR applications?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ellyria
Newly Registered

Will refused leave to enter affect ILR applications?

Post by ellyria » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi all,

My BRP was stolen on a trip to Paris and I tried to reason with the border control at Gare du Nord, but they refused to let me enter. They gave me a notice of "refusal of leave to enter" but told me that this will just be a "note about the encounter" and this should not affect me.

I am now waiting for a replacement BRP visa in Paris. After having a look I realised they put a cross on the entry stamp on my passport, denoting the refused entry, probably. I am very worried that this will affect my future ILR application, which I am about to make in a few months time.

Has anyone got experience with this? Does this constitute "refused entry"? Do I need to declare it when applying for ILR, and does this count as "adverse immigration history"?

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Will refused leave to enter affect ILR applications?

Post by aman90 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:39 am

Sorry to hear abt ur plight.
It’s not ur fault.
It shouldn’t affect ur ILR as you must have submitted a police report for a replacement BRP? You should declare it where required as it’ll be obvious on ur passport but also explain it and attach the police report..

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:53 am

Another member was luckier than you. However, this refusal shouldn't affect your ILR eligibility. Do declare the incident.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ellyria
Newly Registered

Post by ellyria » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:53 am
Another member was luckier than you. However, this refusal shouldn't affect your ILR eligibility. Do declare the incident.
Thank you vinny. I actually read the other member's experience (among other people's experience in various different forums, and advice published online by my country's embassy!) that's why I decided to go to Gare du Nord. I showed them the police report, but no use. The IO there said they could see my BRP in the system, but without the physical card, they can't let me in. (They even said they used to let people in just based on the system info, but now they can't).

I'm wondering if this now makes my case a "complex" one when it comes to ILR applications, and whether I should get a solicitor. This is all very stressful...

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:12 pm

ellyria wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 pm
(They even said they used to let people in just based on the system info, but now they can't).
Such an approach diminishes, rather than encourages, respect for the system info in question....
ellyria wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 pm
I'm wondering if this now makes my case a "complex" one when it comes to ILR applications, and whether I should get a solicitor. This is all very stressful...
I doubt it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.