ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling outside UK during term time

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bhargav1386
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Travelling outside UK during term time

Post by bhargav1386 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:07 pm

I am currently an international student on Tier 4 General visa doing my Masters course in a university in London. My Visa is valid till February 28th, 2020

I need to travel to India to attend my brother's wedding. I will be away for one week and will be missing three days of classes. I mailed the visa compliance team at my university to request for authorized absence for a week commencing 21/01/2019.I got a response saying that they cannot authorize absence for weddings.

I would like to know whether it is safe to travel outside UK during term time, so that I don't face any immigration issues?

Any help would be deeply appreciated!!

---Thanks

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Re: Travelling outside UK during term time

Post by SamTiger » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:49 pm

It is always good if you can get your absence authorised by the university as they are your sponsors.
bhargav1386 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:07 pm
I would like to know whether it is safe to travel outside UK during term time, so that I don't face any immigration issues?
Unauthorised absences with poor attendance record will lead to immigration issues.

I would advise you to check your university webpages regarding attendance.

Samples:

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/academic-manual/c ... nd-absence

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/ltds/assets/docum ... umentB.pdf