ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for Naturalisation - When will the passport and residence permit be returned?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

niluki
Newly Registered
Mood:

Applied for Naturalisation - When will the passport and residence permit be returned?

Post by niluki » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:14 pm

Hello,

I've recently applied online for British Naturalisation. As part of the submission I need to post my passports and Residence permit. When will these documents be returned back to me?
The website isn't clear about this, and only says that a decision will be made within c. 6 months. Would I have to wait for 6 months to get these back?
What if I need to travel before this time?

Thanks,
Niluki

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applied for Naturalisation - When will the passport and residence permit be returned?

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Are you using yje UKVCAS service? Then you will retain your documents after the appointment. If posting then documents are normally returned once the application has been approved.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

niluki
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Applied for Naturalisation - When will the passport and residence permit be returned?

Post by niluki » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:45 pm

Thanks.. I'm using the normal service, so will need to post my passport and residence permit.
Is there any way of requesting these back? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? How soon do they send it back?

Thanks

Hioru

Post by Hioru » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:12 am

niluki wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:45 pm
Thanks.. I'm using the normal service, so will need to post my passport and residence permit.
Is there any way of requesting these back? Has anyone else been in a similar situation? How soon do they send it back?

Thanks
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

Based on people's feedback on this forum, it doesn't perfectly work all the time, as in some cases they were waiting too long and had to fill the request form again.

Essentially, if you need your documents the advice is to use the new system - UKVCAS.
Otherwise, you can request the documents back but there's no guarantee you will get them quickly (might take 1-2 months).