ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rafman
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Help please

Post by Rafman » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:20 am

Hello All,

Am a EEA Citizen living in the UK since 2012, my wife (non eea) got her 5 year resident permit in dec 2013 and the expiry is April 19. I have been excersizing treaty regs and she has not travelled for more then 2 months in the 5 years.

I want to know does she need to apply for ILR or something else like PR? When can she apply? Any suggestions and what is timescale and costs?

Thank you!

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Help please

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Rafman wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:20 am
Hello All,

Am a EEA Citizen living in the UK since 2012, my wife (non eea) got her 5 year resident permit in dec 2013 and the expiry is April 19. I have been excersizing treaty regs and she has not travelled for more then 2 months in the 5 years.

I want to know does she need to apply for ILR or something else like PR? When can she apply? Any suggestions and what is timescale and costs?

Thank you!
Hi. Im on the same boat, my RP will expire in June 2019. So by the time we are ready to apply for PR, the settlement scheme will be open so we can apply for settled status (5 years continuous residency) or pre settled (less than 5 years). The cost is £65 (if I’m not mistaken). Then if you can easily prove that she has been resident here for 5 years continuously then the turn around will be quicker, but it doesn’t really guarantee that it will be quick, obviously it depends on someone’s circumstances. 😊

Rafman
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by Rafman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:53 pm

Her resident permit will expire in April. Thus need something way before. Also she needs to travel in April so want to do something sooner. So does she need to apply for ILR?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:45 pm

Rafman wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:53 pm
Her resident permit will expire in April. Thus need something way before. Also she needs to travel in April so want to do something sooner. So does she need to apply for ILR?
Everyone needs to apply if you wish to stay in the UK beyond the final deadline in 2021.
The public beta is supposed to start on 21 January - full release 30 March. So you could try soon.
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/eu-s ... test-phase
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.