ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Penalty fare notice ( do I have to declare it )

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Daydimina
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Penalty fare notice ( do I have to declare it )

Post by Daydimina » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:53 am

Hi everyone
Sorry for asking this question, I know it’s been asked million time, just not sure if the law has changed or not
I’ve been issued penalty fare notice on the metro in 2014, and I’ve laid it on the spot £20. After that I totally forgot about it and didn’t think it will have any effect. I’m on spouse visa and Shen I’ve applied for the 2nd visa (leave to remain ) I didn’t mention the penalty fare as it didn’t cross my mind but I was granted the visa. Now I’m applying for indefinite leave to remain in few months and I’m wounding wether to mention it to avoid any problem, or if I do mention it I will get wrong for not desclosing it in previous application ( it’s the only penalty fare I have in 5 year no fpn or pcn)
Any idea pleas help
Thank you very much

Daydimina
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Re: Penalty fare notice ( do I have to declare it )

Post by Daydimina » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:52 am

Daydimina wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:53 am
Hi everyone
Sorry for asking this question, I know it’s been asked million time, just not sure if the law has changed or not
I’ve been issued penalty fare notice on the metro in 2014, and I’ve laid it on the spot £20. After that I totally forgot about it and didn’t think it will have any effect. I’m on spouse visa and Shen I’ve applied for the 2nd visa (leave to remain ) I didn’t mention the penalty fare as it didn’t cross my mind but I was granted the visa. Now I’m applying for indefinite leave to remain in few months and I’m wounding wether to mention it to avoid any problem, or if I do mention it I will get wrong for not desclosing it in previous application ( it’s the only penalty fare I have in 5 year no fpn or pcn)
Any idea pleas help
Thank you very much

One correction: I’m on ( 5 year spouse route ) and I applied for the 2nd visa on 2016 which is 2 year after the insident
Please help

One correction :

Daydimina
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Re: Penalty fare notice ( do I have to declare it )

Post by Daydimina » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Just got the email from metro nexus
Penalty Fares are issued to passengers who are unable to produce a valid ticket or permit while on Metro premises. As you paid the fine when you were stopped I can confirm that you do not have a criminal record. Had the fine not been paid then legal proceedings would have been taken. Also as you paid on the spot the only data we would hold would be that a fine was paid. As this fine was paid on the spot we would not hold your personal data. I will therefore be unable to locate your fine unless you can inform me what date, time and location you were stopped. I can also confirm that we never pass any details onto a third party.