ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC by naturalisation advice needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dwight_eggers
Newly Registered
Bermuda

BC by naturalisation advice needed

Post by dwight_eggers » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:28 am

Hi all, I have been a silent visitor to the group until now.

I need some advise from the house please.

Got married to my EEA spouse in my home country in 2009, at this time my only access to the country was via a visit visa and we returned to the country EEA citizen first and I joined later same year.

Visit visa ran out while in the country and I made an application for EEA2 2 years later, it was rejected initially but it was granted after an appeal was heard.

I Applied for a document certifying permanent residency which was successful as well, however I am about to apply for BC and I just read applications could be denied based on any period the H.O feel you were in the country without a residency document and I am a bit worried if I would fall under this category.

Can the house please kindly advice?

I hold a document certifying permanent residency, spouse is now a BC so I believe I am eligible to apply based on having a spouse you is a BC also I would have been resident in the country for 10 years this years so I may also to be eligible to apply via long residence route however I am still concerned about the period between my arrival and when EEA2 was issued.

Thanks for reading, I will be patiently waiting for your comments.