ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Brazil Immigration Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ianpaul10
Newly Registered
Ireland

Marriage Brazil Immigration Ireland

Post by Ianpaul10 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi,
My name is Ian I’m a Irish citizen. I am in Brazil with my Brazilian husband we got married 14/01/2019. We plan on flying back to Ireland on the 29th of January, and was wondering what is needed so my husband can get through immigration easy?
He studied English in Ireland for 2year, on his last visa he overstayed by 3 months, he left Ireland on his own, immigration said nothing to him about overstaying. Will this effect him getting back into Ireland?
Thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Marriage Brazil Immigration Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:40 pm

Ianpaul10 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:21 pm
Hi,
My name is Ian I’m a Irish citizen. I am in Brazil with my Brazilian husband we got married 14/01/2019. We plan on flying back to Ireland on the 29th of January, and was wondering what is needed so my husband can get through immigration easy?
He studied English in Ireland for 2year, on his last visa he overstayed by 3 months, he left Ireland on his own, immigration said nothing to him about overstaying. Will this effect him getting back into Ireland?
Thanks
Hey Ian,

It won't affect him now that he's legally married to an Irish citizen.

Make sure you are travelling together and carrying your original marriage certificate and a certified translation into English if the certificate is in a language other than English or Irish, the Irish embassy in Brazil should help you with that piece.

Once in Ireland book an appointment within 90 days of arrival so he can get a Stamp 4 (IRP) based on the marriage to an Irish national.

https://burghquayregistrationoffice.inis.gov.ie/

If you won't be residing in Dublin get in touch with your local Garda station for an appointment.

See link below for documents needed at the appointment, section 1. How do I apply? scenario A.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Ianpaul10
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Marriage Brazil Immigration Ireland

Post by Ianpaul10 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:56 pm

Thank you so much. This is a great help :)