ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce in UK and my right

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ivade09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Divorce in UK and my right

Post by Ivade09 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi please anybody can help me
Am Moroccan citizens I moved here to UK to join my husband he is British citizen a d turkish background
After 4 months living together small problems with his family he told that he will divorced me and send me home .
Just need help for my right because I felt I been used thanks appreciated that

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Divorce in UK and my right

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:16 pm

In terms of immigration, you have no rights to stay if your relationship breaks down.

Unless there is documented evidence of domestic violence or abuse, you will have to leave the UK as your visa will likely be cancelled/curtailed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ivade09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ivade09 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:21 pm

Thanks for your reply I just feelt I been used now say he send me home

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:55 pm

Ivade09 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:21 pm
Thanks for your reply I just feelt I been used now say he send me home
He doesn't have the right to 'send you home'. The decision to curtail (or not) is for the Home Office alone.

Where were you married?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ivade09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ivade09 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Married in Morocco

Ivade09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ivade09 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:08 pm

Any solution please because I don't want to go home
I want to stay in UK

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:34 am

Ivade09 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:13 pm
Hi please anybody can help me
Am Moroccan citizens I moved here to UK to join my husband he is British citizen a d turkish background
After 4 months living together small problems with his family he told that he will divorced me and send me home .
Just need help for my right because I felt I been used thanks appreciated that
He can’t send you back, he can only notify home office that you’re separated, then home office might curtail your visa and give you 60 days of cutailanent leave to either leave or apply for visa if you have any valid grounds to do so. There are two ways to stay in UK, first would be domestic violence, if you have any proof that he hit you or something, you can apply on human rights grounds. Second would be you can apply for student visa by getting admission in a college or university, temporary visa but you can stay in UK. Try not to overstay your leave because it’ll affect you in long run. Do you have any kids? Or pregnant? You could apply on behalf of your kid because he/she will be British because of their father.