ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony within 21 days of approval

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chattokhan

Ceremony within 21 days of approval

Post by chattokhan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Hello,

I had applied for naturalisation in November 2018. My application is still pending. I need to travel outside the UK for 35 days next week. I've been regularly viewing application timelines and I've noticed that some people mentioning that approval letter states that citizenship ceremony must be booked within 21 days of receiving of the letter. First of all is it true for all AN1 applications? Secondly, assuming my application is approved and I couldn't book ceremony within 21 days would that invalidate the approval?

Thanks

Dave12560
BANNED
Hong Kong

Re: Ceremony within 21 days of approval

Post by Dave12560 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:37 pm

when and what date u applied ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:41 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:37 pm
when and what date u applied ?
OP said: I had applied for naturalisation in November 2018.

What is critical is attendance within 90 days - there is the option of booking private ceremonies (at extra cost).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:51 am

chattokhan wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:27 pm
Hello,

I had applied for naturalisation in November 2018. My application is still pending. I need to travel outside the UK for 35 days next week. I've been regularly viewing application timelines and I've noticed that some people mentioning that approval letter states that citizenship ceremony must be booked within 21 days of receiving of the letter. First of all is it true for all AN1 applications? Secondly, assuming my application is approved and I couldn't book ceremony within 21 days would that invalidate the approval?

Thanks
I read another comment in the November timeline where the HO letter states you must book your citizenship ceremony within 21 days. As Alterhase58 says, you must attend the ceremony within 90 days or your application will be revoked. Some local authorities have difficulty providing a ceremony at short notice or ceremonies are fully booked, so that's why they are urging you to do this as soon as possible. If you are short of time you may have to book and pay for a private ceremony.

chattokhan

Post by chattokhan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:39 am

Thank you all. I was just concerned about 21 days period because I might miss this but if it is 90 days then no problem. Also, even if I get letter now I don't want to book a ceremony before departure (which is next week). I've read through some other threads that after having attended ceremony one cannot re-enter in the UK on ILR.