ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time for allocation of unrestricted CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vibez_well

Time for allocation of unrestricted CoS

Post by vibez_well » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi all,
The company which wants to sponsor me has run out of CoS for this period - 2018-2019. How long does it take for the unrestricted CoS to be allocated ? This is for an in country T2 general to T2 general.
Thanks.

sut7392
Newly Registered

Re: Time for allocation of unrestricted CoS

Post by sut7392 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi,

I was in a similar situation. My company requested for a CoS allocation on the 7th of Jan through the SMS. It usually takes up to 18 weeks for the standard service. We opted for the priority service on 14th Jan and received the CoS at the end of the day. The number for the priority service is 0114 2071315 and would require the sponsor license number and a debit/card to make a payment of £200. The line is open from 8 30 am to 4 30 pm and is usually quite busy. My HR kept redialling and got through on her 9th call.

Good luck!

Sut7392

vibez_well

Post by vibez_well » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:13 pm

Thanks for your reply. Wow ! 18 weeks !!! :shock:
Hopefully they go for the priority route.

consev
Newly Registered
India

Post by consev » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi vibez_well,

Do you know if we can apply for Tier 2 General Change of Employment from within UK? Can you tell me how you are applying for it?

Thanks for your help.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:23 pm

I don't think the above is right. Your company shouldn't run out of unrestricted CoS because there is no cap for the number of unrestricted CoS they can allocate.

To allocate an unrestricted CoS is only within minutes!

vibez_well

Post by vibez_well » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:11 pm

I maybe wrong. But as far as I was aware, a company needs to apply for x amount of CoS for a year April 5-April 4 of following year. If they use it, they get to sponsor x amount of migrants. If they dont use it, all those unused CoS expires. If the company uses all of it, then apply for more with suitable justification and UKVI allocates more.

Maybe someone else can corroborate this ?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:12 pm

vibez_well wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:11 pm
I maybe wrong. But as far as I was aware, a company needs to apply for x amount of CoS for a year April 5-April 4 of following year. If they use it, they get to sponsor x amount of migrants. If they dont use it, all those unused CoS expires. If the company uses all of it, then apply for more with suitable justification and UKVI allocates more.

This is for restricted CoS but you have stated you are waiting for an UNrestricted CoS?

vibez_well

Post by vibez_well » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:13 pm

consev wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:12 pm
Hi vibez_well,
Do you know if we can apply for Tier 2 General Change of Employment from within UK? Can you tell me how you are applying for it?
Thanks for your help.
Same process as a new visa ? - find a job, company issues a CoS, Apply for visa with it. RLMT is applicable ofcourse.

vibez_well

Post by vibez_well » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:14 pm

UKLL wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:12 pm
vibez_well wrote:

This is for restricted CoS but you have stated you are waiting for an UNrestricted CoS?
Yes unrestricted as am T2 Gen to T2 Gen in-country. So unrestricted right ?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:26 pm

vibez_well wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:14 pm
UKLL wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:12 pm
vibez_well wrote:

Yes unrestricted as am T2 Gen to T2 Gen in-country. So unrestricted right ?
I don't think so, but have a read of the Tier 2 guidance for sponsors. I think it's mentioned in it

sut7392
Newly Registered

Post by sut7392 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:46 pm

UKLL wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:23 pm
I don't think the above is right. Your company shouldn't run out of unrestricted CoS because there is no cap for the number of unrestricted CoS they can allocate.

To allocate an unrestricted CoS is only within minutes!
Hi,

The company can run out of unrestricted CoS if it has either used its allocation for the year or not applied for it in April. In such a case, the company needs to request allocation of Unrestricted CoS.