ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET LR Postal (OLD) switch to new online (Sopra) Service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jigneshkerai89
Newly Registered
Kenya

SET LR Postal (OLD) switch to new online (Sopra) Service

Post by jigneshkerai89 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi,

Just a question if anyone has any advice on how to switch from an existing SET LR ILR postal application to the new online based application using sopra. I made my SET LR Application on 01/10/2018 under the 10 year route. Application is straightforward according me as I fulfill all the criteria for ILR.

During Oct 2018, there were many challenges in getting a premium service appointment so I had to resort to postal (applied on 01/10/2018) before my most recent Tier 1 Visa had expired (13/10/2018). I tried to email everyday at 8:00 since I received my Case ID and Biometric enrollment was received (16/10/2018). I was unable to get the upgrade until the HMO stopped the premium upgrade service. I am now stuck having to wait the full 6 months for my application. I do keep getting monthly automated emails. I have monitored the recent processing timelines for SET LR using the new online sopra based application system and people are getting their grants within a couple of weeks.

Is there a way to switch from my postal to the new sopra based application? What would be the implications of withdrawing my postal and immediately applying using the new application system.

Any help and advice will be extremely helpful.

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET LR Postal (OLD) switch to new online (Sopra) Service

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:05 am

No. You must wait to hear back. The postal ILR timeframe could be up to 6 months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Momi

Post by Momi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:14 am

I heard from some immigration experts that they varied pending ILR application to super priority service.
They paid a new fee and decision came in less than 1 week.
When I asked them what about the fee which has been paid before and I were told that fee will be refunded.
I know all these things because I’m in same situation Like you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:32 am

Momi wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:14 am
I heard from some immigration experts that they varied pending ILR application to super priority service.
When I asked them what about the fee which has been paid before and I were told that fee will be refunded.
The OP is not asking about 'varying' an application to ILR. They are asking about the postal to premium upgrade service which is no longer available.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Momi

Post by Momi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:42 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:32 am
Momi wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:14 am
The OP is not asking about 'varying' an application to ILR. They are asking about the postal to premium upgrade service which is no longer available.
Yes I got him.
That’s the alternative to upgrade.
Varying the pending postal ILR to super priority service.

Donflats
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Donflats » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:38 pm

How to do that switch if it is possible? How to change from old application to Sopra?

OP would have no original documents because he mailed them in, right?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Variation of leave means something VERY specific under the immigration act. Postal to premium upgrade is NOT variation of leave.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice