ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error over BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

frmglasgow

Error over BRP

Post by frmglasgow » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi There,

I received my ILR's BRP card and found error in spelling over my city of Birth, I reported it after 5 working days I received email from BRP error team asking detail about the error and sending scanned passport copy in reply to their email. After that its a week or 10 days now, they have not responded back to what to do next?

Anyone in the similar situation, dealt with BRP error team in the past?

frmglasgow

Re: Error over BRP

Post by frmglasgow » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:02 am

frmglasgow wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 pm
Hi There,

I received my ILR's BRP card and found error in spelling over my city of Birth, I reported it after 5 working days I received email from BRP error team asking detail about the error and sending scanned passport copy in reply to their email. After that its a week or 10 days now, they have not responded back to what to do next?

Anyone in the similar situation, dealt with BRP error team in the past?
Just an update for those who need typo's to be corrected over BRP.

1. Filled an online form to report error over BRP -> 7 January 2019
2. BRP Error team emailed to ask more about error and send evidence by email -> 11 January 2019
3. BRP Error team emailed after looking at the documents and asked to send evidence and old BRP on a postal address -> 17 January 2019
4. BRP Error team emailed about destroying my old BRP and sending new one -> 26 January 2019
5. Received BRP via DX -> 31 January 2019

So the complete process took roughly 20 days.

My city of birth was spelt with a missing character in the middle. I never spotted this from last 9 years over my several BRP's but recently figured that out. I wrote in cover letter about this along with my SET LR application but it was not corrected when I got BRP this time. However after reporting to BRP Error team, the issue was resolved.

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:50 pm

Hello,

I just want to share my experience dealing with BRP Error Team. I received BRP on May 17th. I notice error in my Given Name. Here is the timeline :

1. Posted Online Form : 17 May 2019 - www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem
2. BRP Error Team Replied : 28 May 2019 - I was asked to clarify the error and email Passport etc
3. BRP Error Team Confirmation : 03 June 2019 - They confirmed new BRP has been issued
4. DX Courier Email : 05 June 2019 - Confirming BRP has been dispatched
5. Received New BRP by DX : 06 June 2019

Total processing time is around 20 Days. Good service and very happy with the support of BRP Error Team.

I suggest if you don't hear any reply 5 Days after posting online form, try to re-post the form.

Good luck !

Chakib
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Chakib » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:54 am

Hello everyone i received my brp card with error in place of birth i reported that after 8 workings day i received letter and they told to reply to the email but the problem is i didn’t reieved email i just received letter so what can i do now :( thank you guys