ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Questions about application

Post by acc25tax » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of finalising my application for BC. My 12 month anniversary with ILR lapses on 4 Feb 2019. I have the following few questions and would really appreciate if any of the readers can help:

1. When applying online, is the date on application considered the date I press submit and book an appointment? In my case I am hoping that if I press submit on 5 Feb 2019, the application will be considered valid. Please confirm

2. I made a few trips to Europe in 2015. I entered EU from Amsterdam (entry stamp) and then traveled between Amsterdam and Paris (no border control) and finally entered back the UK from Paris (exit stamp and UK entry stamp). My question is that when I am filing in the absence days (online form) should I put destination as Netherlands or France (apologies if this is a dumb question)

3. As above, I had a similar trip to Dubai (while my final destination was a third country)

4. I have been working as a consultant since 2011/12 however, before that I have had 4 adhoc jobs on payroll (from 2008 onwards). My question is that do I need to enter all my 10 year employment history with precise dates? I have registered for a personal tax account however, I am unable to see details of employers and specific dates. The maximum it shows me is the NI contributions and deficits in the contributions for each tax year. I remember the names of these employers however, don't remember the exact dates (none of these employments was permanent and it was always for 5/6 months)

5. Finally (again maybe a stupid question!), as we have the option to pre scan and upload the documents (to save time at the appointment). Can anyone confirm if I should be scanning all 3 passports including the blank pages (with no stamps)

I will be really thankful if any of the members can help and apologies to the moderators in advance if I have unknowingly violated any of the forum rules.

Thanks

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Re: Questions about application

Post by acc25tax » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi Guys

Sorry to be a pain but can any of the gurus help?

Looking forward to some guidance :)

Regards

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Post by jgreen6123 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:57 pm

acc25tax wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:42 pm
Hi Guys

Sorry to be a pain but can any of the gurus help?

Looking forward to some guidance :)

Regards
If I was given a quid every time when these questions are asked and subsequently answered, I would be a rich man by now.

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:05 pm

Thanks for your help

Appreciate it

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:14 pm

acc25tax wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:02 pm
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of finalising my application for BC. My 12 month anniversary with ILR lapses on 4 Feb 2019. I have the following few questions and would really appreciate if any of the readers can help:

1. When applying online, is the date on application considered the date I press submit and book an appointment? In my case I am hoping that if I press submit on 5 Feb 2019, the application will be considered valid. Please confirm Yes

2. I made a few trips to Europe in 2015. I entered EU from Amsterdam (entry stamp) and then traveled between Amsterdam and Paris (no border control) and finally entered back the UK from Paris (exit stamp and UK entry stamp). My question is that when I am filing in the absence days (online form) should I put destination as Netherlands or France (apologies if this is a dumb question) Drop down menu for destination only allows one entry, you have to choose one

3. As above, I had a similar trip to Dubai (while my final destination was a third country)

4. I have been working as a consultant since 2011/12 however, before that I have had 4 adhoc jobs on payroll (from 2008 onwards). My question is that do I need to enter all my 10 year employment history with precise dates? I have registered for a personal tax account however, I am unable to see details of employers and specific dates. The maximum it shows me is the NI contributions and deficits in the contributions for each tax year. I remember the names of these employers however, don't remember the exact dates (none of these employments was permanent and it was always for 5/6 months) Try your best, obviously some people can't find records going back so long

5. Finally (again maybe a stupid question!), as we have the option to pre scan and upload the documents (to save time at the appointment). Can anyone confirm if I should be scanning all 3 passports including the blank pages (with no stamps) The online process does not state what to scan, I erred on the side of caution and scanned all pages, including blank ones (but I haven't had my application approved yet!!!)

I will be really thankful if any of the members can help and apologies to the moderators in advance if I have unknowingly violated any of the forum rules.

Thanks

acc25tax
Newly Registered

Post by acc25tax » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Thank you John for your help

Regards