ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship: Does anyone know what each stage in the process entails?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gsvzla
inactive
Venezuela

Citizenship: Does anyone know what each stage in the process entails?

Post by gsvzla » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm curious to know based on everyone's experience what happens during each stage of the citizenship process.

Is my understanding stage one is when they check the application and make sure you are eligible. This is before receiving your passport back, correct? Then if they ask for more documents it means your're still in stage one.

Does the acknowledgement comes after they check all your documents and you move to stage two or when they return your passport? Even if they ask for additional stuff.

Also, what is the difference between an application number and a case number?

I assume once they sent a second letter it means you have moved to stage two. What happens during this stage and the following stages?

Any insight would be great! Thank in advance.

thpc
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship: Does anyone know what each stage in the process entails?

Post by thpc » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:29 pm

gsvzla wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 pm
Hi everyone.

I'm curious to know based on everyone's experience what happens during each stage of the citizenship process.

Is my understanding stage one is when they check the application and make sure you are eligible. This is before receiving your passport back, correct? Then if they ask for more documents it means your're still in stage one.

Does the acknowledgement comes after they check all your documents and you move to stage two or when they return your passport? Even if they ask for additional stuff.

Also, what is the difference between an application number and a case number?

I assume once they sent a second letter it means you have moved to stage two. What happens during this stage and the following stages?

Any insight would be great! Thank in advance.
well , this is my experience so far

- applied on - 2nd jan 2019
- passport + Receipt sent back with ackowledgement and asking for more documentaiton (2 years - 3month bank statements) , i am assuming still in stage1 . 9th jan 2019

- additional documentation sent on 11th jan - no acknowledgement as of now.

- Not sure , what they are checking at this stage . and unsure if it reaches to stage 2 .

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Citizenship: Does anyone know what each stage in the process entails?

Post by markem » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 am

Timeline threads here:
2020 /
2019 / 2018 / 2017 / 2016