ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trapped in Marriage that took place overseas... HELP...!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

R-Kauser2019
Newly Registered

Trapped in Marriage that took place overseas... HELP...!

Post by R-Kauser2019 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi All

I am in need of urgent assistance to release me from a trapped marriage for the last 8 years...

I am from UK and got married in Mirpur, Pakistan in 2007. The main issue is the my ex-partner and his family didnt gave me a record of the Nikaah nama as they are very controlling and undermine women- I only realised this after my marriage. (they are very corrupt and work for the Pakistan police).

My ex-partner and his father took control of all the documents and submitted his sponsor to the UK for him directly from Pakistan after asking me for all the relevant paperwork required, such as wage slips, bank statements etc.

Once arrived to UK- he began to live away, applied for many credit cards and ran up debts, as well as commiting working tax fraud before fleeing to Pakistan. he has also re-married in pakistan and has settled - But refuses to allow me to divorce him and move on with my life. He laughed and said ‘i wont free you/ sponsor me to the uk again. they are refusing to give me any relevant information or nikaah documents to seek for a divorce from the UK - as legally we are still married due to me sponsoring him to UK. I had spoke with a sharia council who has agreed to assist me in applying for an islamic khulla divorce without a marriage certificate but i would still need to get a translated and attested copy from the Union council from Pakistan- the problem is i cannot go pakistan or send my parents due to the potential risks that could be caused by my ex partner or his father as they take full advantage of of their police positions when it comes to mistreating people to ‘teach them a lesson’.

I don’t know where the Nikaah nama was registered in Mirpur but know the marriage took place in Mirpur at their father’s headquarters home given to him by the police government to reside in. I dnt know the nikhakhawans name and not sure where the nikkah is registered and whether its registered with NADRA... I desperatly need a translated and attested copy so i can issue a UK divorce.. I have no ways or means of getting this document unless its through my ex-partner or his father- both are refusing to co-operate.

I am struggling after seeking legal advice and searching for a solicitor in pakistan - they are all useless at helping me... Sadly I have become a prisoner within my own life and feel there is no firm legal power to free me from this mess.

I have been reading many of these forum posts to see if there is a solution. i came accrosss a similar situation where somone offered to provide a list of muftis/ nikaah molvis in mirpur.

I feel like complaining to the high commission/ Pakistan deputy of police department or to the Pakistan parliament about my ex and his father’s corruption for keeping me trapped in a marriage which is no longer there- but dont know how or where to go to fight for my rights of freedom to divorce and start my life again.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT FOR ME I. THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

R-Kauser2019
Newly Registered

Re: Trapped in Marriage that took place overseas... HELP...!

Post by R-Kauser2019 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:07 pm

PS- Every legal advice in the UK has told me that without my Nikaah Nama i cannot file for a divorce. I dont know where or how to track it in Pakistan from the UK.

I have details of the date, both his and my Pakistani CNIC card numbers and a copy of the Sponsor for spouse to the UK application form with his address.

I have reported this matter to the Home Office visa departments to prevent him from entering the uk. i have also applied to seek all the Data home office hold for me on their records to see if there is any vital route/options in there

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:31 pm

R-Kauser2019 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:07 pm
PS- Every legal advice in the UK has told me that without my Nikaah Nama i cannot file for a divorce. I dont know where or how to track it in Pakistan from the UK.

I have details of the date, both his and my Pakistani CNIC card numbers and a copy of the Sponsor for spouse to the UK application form with his address.

I have reported this matter to the Home Office visa departments to prevent him from entering the uk. i have also applied to seek all the Data home office hold for me on their records to see if there is any vital route/options in there
Not familiar with the rules personally however I have a friend in NADRA who might be able to look in the system. I’ll write further when I get more information.

R-Kauser2019
Newly Registered

Post by R-Kauser2019 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:23 pm

Thank you...