ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in the UK for EU Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hermanthegerman
Germany

Proof of living in the UK for EU Naturalisation

Post by hermanthegerman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:34 pm

Dear forum members,

I am an EU citizen applying for naturalisation. I have been living in the UK since 2007 and applied for a permanent residency card in 2017 which was issued in July 2017.
I can not find the original letter that came with the card anymore but my permanent residency was confirmed from when I entered the UK ie I have met the 5+1 year criteria in 2013.

I am now applying for naturalisation and in the checklist it asks for "Proof of living in the UK". Does anyone know what this means? Is this a simple proof of current address or again P60s or similar going back and if so, for how long? I was a student till 2013 so only have P60s after that. I have submitted P60s, bank statements etc up until 2017 with my permanent residency application. Does all of this need to be resubmitted?

Thanks for your advice!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of living in the UK for EU Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:14 pm

You need to provide the documents for the five years working back from the AN application, it is not a repeat of the PR application. P60s are fine, bank statements not required. Work is not a requirement for naturalisation. In your employment history state the relevant period as being studen or unemployed. If there is a prolongued period of study or unemployment provide official documents covering that period (uni confirmation, council tax, HMRC, DWP, or similar). What date does your PR card state (the date on the card is issue date, that's why it is recommended to provide the letter which quotes a date, to avoid any misunderstanding).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.