ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When exactly is right to apply for ILR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mr_iyamu
Newly Registered

When exactly is right to apply for ILR

Post by mr_iyamu » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:09 pm

Greetings everyone,
Much appreciation for the informations placed here. You guys are the real MVPs. So to my question. I'm living in England on my EEA2 Visa since 2014 with my wife who is Irish and 2 kids who are British. We both work and to me I'm settled here because England has given me more than my country could ever imagine giving itself. Maybe when I'm fully settled I'll help our president come settle and know how life works in a civilised society (haha).
Now my question is, my EEA2 expires in May. How soon can I apply for ILR or a renewal as my main concern is sorting it out to remain legal so I can have my passport back on time because I often have to travel for work.
Thank you all for the time you spend here. I know alot of people like me appreciate it even if most times we forget to say thank you.

Regards.

vinny

Re: When exactly is right to apply for ILR

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:42 am

Don’t make the mistake of applying for ILR, if you don’t qualify for it! Apply for confirmation of PR or settled status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mr_iyamu
Newly Registered

Re: When exactly is right to apply for ILR

Post by mr_iyamu » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:13 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:42 am
Don’t make the mistake of applying for ILR, if you don’t qualify for it! Apply for confirmation of PR or settled status.
Thank you for your response. I did some reading about it and I should be applying for a PR. I just want to know when is the right time for me to apply. In February it would be 5 years since we got married but my residence card was granted in May which means my 5 years residence card on EEA2 expires in May. Can I apply now or do I wait till May?
I appreciate your time.