ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslips - 12 or 6 months required?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Smint100
Newly Registered

Employment Letter & Agency Earnings

Post by Smint100 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi,

I am sponsoring my wife's ILR application (she is on the 5 year settlement route), arrived in the UK on 14/01/2014. We plan to apply via the new online system in the next 2-3 weeks.

I have a couple of questions which have been nagging me, hopefully somebody here can help me out !

1. We are using my salaried income for the financial requirement. I have been employed with the same company since 2005. I have just recently been promoted to a new role from 1st Jan 2019 (above the salary requirement).

My previous role was also above the financial requirement and I was in that role for at least 2-3 years , so I have been comfortably above financial requirement over the last 6 months at the same company , but in two different roles over the course of the last months.

So does my employer's letter need to detail the previous role and salary , or will details on my current role suffice with the date of when I joined the company (2005) ? Will the case officer simply check my 6 month payslips and see that I have been above the requirement for the last 6 months , albeit over different roles within the same company.

2. My wife is registered with an agency and has been doing some temporary agency work over Christmas in various department stores. These shifts have more or less finished now, but she is still on the agency books and they may call her again if another shift becomes available in the future.

Does this count as her being 'currently employed' and should she declare this on the application? Does she need to provide payslips etc. from the agency as part of the application ? The wages here are not a huge amount and we will not be relying upon any of her earnings for this application , but wondering if we still need to declare this anywhere.

Many Thanks !
Smint100

zimba
Mood:

Re: Employment Letter & Agency Earnings

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:08 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Smint100
Newly Registered

Post by Smint100 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 am

Thanks for the link Zimba, appreciate your assistance.

Having read the guidance it seems that a letter stating my current job title and start date of 2005 with the company , and 6 months payslips that show salary above the required level during this period should suffice for me under Cat A salaried income .

So my recent change in job title/promotion does not need to be clarified in the letter, or have I missed something ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:17 am

Smint100 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 am
Thanks for the link Zimba, appreciate your assistance.

Having read the guidance it seems that a letter stating my current job title and start date of 2005 with the company , and 6 months payslips that show salary above the required level during this period should suffice for me under Cat A salaried income .

So my recent change in job title/promotion does not need to be clarified in the letter, or have I missed something ?
Not required
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Smint100
Newly Registered

Payslips - 12 or 6 months required?

Post by Smint100 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:37 pm

Hi,

I am helping my wife complete the ILR SET M application online.

We are using my salaried income to meet the financial requirements. I have been with the same employer for over 5 years, at different levels salary but always above the required financial threshold for this application.

On the online application form, it is asking for 12 months of payslips, I was of the understanding only 6 are required , and I'm pretty certain this is what it says in the guidance.

Is this a mistake on the new online version of the application form ? Should I just go ahead and get the 12 months payslips and bank statements to avoid any issues ?

Thanks.

mizer
Morocco

Re: Payslips - 12 or 6 months required?

Post by mizer » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Smint100 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:37 pm
Hi,

We are using my salaried income to meet the financial requirements. I have been with the same employer for over 5 years, at different levels salary but always above the required financial threshold for this application.

On the online application form, it is asking for 12 months of payslips, I was of the understanding only 6 are required , and I'm pretty certain this is what it says in the guidance.

Is this a mistake on the new online version of the application form ? Should I just go ahead and get the 12 months payslips and bank statements to avoid any issues ?

Thanks.
is the same situation happen to me now even my wife applied for extension two years ago with only 6 months payslips,I still with the same employer but I will be forced to follow the application requirement for not be refuse for that,the answer of the question what do they earn? triggered the number of the month request for pay slips and bank statements if you answer
same amount continuously,above the Financial requirement will lead to provide 6 months pay slip but if your answer was not the same amount continuously,above the financial requirement will lead to ask you to provide 12 months pay slips.

NS004
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by NS004 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:42 pm

mizer wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:29 pm
Smint100 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
is the same situation happen to me now even my wife applied for extension two years ago with only 6 months payslips,I still with the same employer but I will be forced to follow the application requirement for not be refuse for that,the answer of the question what do they earn? triggered the number of the month request for pay slips and bank statements if you answer
same amount continuously,above the Financial requirement will lead to provide 6 months pay slip but if your answer was not the same amount continuously,above the financial requirement will lead to ask you to provide 12 months pay slips.
Hi Mizer,
I am in this situation now, I have to answer not the same amount continuously,above the financial requirement. I dont have an issue providing 12 months bank statements and 12 months salary slips. But now I am not sure what amount to put when it asks for annual salary. Would it be the lowest amount during the 12 month period? I will receive an increase a month before I apply.

Thanks

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:38 am

NS004 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:42 pm
mizer wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:29 pm
Smint100 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Hi Mizer,
I am in this situation now, I have to answer not the same amount continuously,above the financial requirement. I dont have an issue providing 12 months bank statements and 12 months salary slips. But now I am not sure what amount to put when it asks for annual salary. Would it be the lowest amount during the 12 month period? I will receive an increase a month before I apply.

Thanks
I calculated my annual salary from my last 12 months payslips,it doesn't matter how much it is as long as above the financial requirement.