ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR & change of employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FB087
Newly Registered
Mexico

Tier 2 to ILR & change of employer

Post by FB087 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Hello,
I've just completed my ILR application following 5 years with Tier 2 but even though I paid for super premium service I couldn't book an appointment with UKVCAS until the 5th of February.

Now my issue is that I have already found a new job and awaiting for my ILR to arrive before I give my notice to my current employer. The problem is that in the new job they need me asap and now the whole thing is being delayed. I was wondering if I want to expedite the process whether I should give my notice to my current employer now? Or will it be too risky as my ILR is not granted yet? My current employer has provided me with the letters I needed for my ILR, if I give the notice now will they inform the HO?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 to ILR & change of employer

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:15 pm

I was wondering if I want to expedite the process whether I should give my notice to my current employer now? Or will it be too risky as my ILR is not granted yet? My current employer has provided me with the letters I needed for my ILR, if I give the notice now will they inform the HO?
It is risky as the requirement for ILR on Tier 2 is that you MUST be employed by your Tier 2 sponsor. If you have resigned and HO checks with your sponsor, you risk your ILR being refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.