ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BBC News announcement of Pre & Settled status applications for EEA&Their family members opened tomorrow 21/01/2019

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Punguru82

BBC News announcement of Pre & Settled status applications for EEA&Their family members opened tomorrow 21/01/2019

Post by Punguru82 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi every one, just saw on the news right now that if you have device with Android can scan your passport, pay £65 and apply pre settled status or settled status. Are they not waiting for March the 29th 2019, something is telling me probably there is will be no deal Brexit or Article 50 going to be extended Maybe.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BBC News announcement of Pre & Settled status applications for EEA&Their family members opened tomorrow 21/01/2019

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:16 pm

This is the "public beta" which has been announced last year following the limited beta tests they did within the NHS and higher education. Full go live 30.3.2019.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kamoe

Re: BBC News announcement of Pre & Settled status applications for EEA&Their family members opened tomorrow 21/01/2019

Post by kamoe » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:40 am

Anyone trying this today? Can't find where to do it. It only says the full scheme will be open in March: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Mugen
Ukraine

Post by Mugen » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:08 am

That’s app you have to use on android phone. No ios yet.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-e ... -check-app

mia777

Post by mia777 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 pm

My wife and I applied. We both already have permanent residence status but we are awaiting the resuls of our applications.

I thought the app was very easy to use but I work in the tech industry so I may not be the best example. It crashed once when when trying to scan my face.

If you have permanent residence status and are not from the EU, I recommend your EU partner or spouse applies first so your application can be automatically linked.

I applied before my wife and when completing the application on the Home Office website, it asked me to provide evidence of my relationship to my sponsor and upload my sponsor's identify document. It provided a link to some guidance that said the the opposite. Because I have an biometric residence card, I *didn't* have to provide this information. The browser based part of the application didn't seem to be aware that I had already used my biometric card using the app. I called customer support and they told me to just submit the application. We'll see if they need more information.

Ogesyney11
Newly Registered

Post by Ogesyney11 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi All,
I'm EU family member living in the UK without a biometric residence card 😂. I have a 5yr EEA residence card fixed in my passport which is going to expire in April 2019. Today me and my wife are looking at the EU exit app application form and it say if you are non EU apply with your biometric residence card while i have a Residence card of EEA family member affix in my passport.
My question is what should I do to apply since me and my family has stayed upto 5yrs in UK and i don't have a biometric residence card, what i have is a just EEA family residence card fix in my passport?

Secondly should i allowed my wife and my kids to apply without me since they are EU Citizens?

I'm worried - how do I apply for biometric residence card?

Please someone should advice me 🙏

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:07 pm

mia777 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 pm
My wife and I applied. We both already have permanent residence status but we are awaiting the resuls of our applications.

I thought the app was very easy to use but I work in the tech industry so I may not be the best example. It crashed once when when trying to scan my face.

If you have permanent residence status and are not from the EU, I recommend your EU partner or spouse applies first so your application can be automatically linked.

I applied before my wife and when completing the application on the Home Office website, it asked me to provide evidence of my relationship to my sponsor and upload my sponsor's identify document. It provided a link to some guidance that said the the opposite. Because I have an biometric residence card, I *didn't* have to provide this information. The browser based part of the application didn't seem to be aware that I had already used my biometric card using the app. I called customer support and they told me to just submit the application. We'll see if they need more information.
Hi,
But it clearly says on the website that

“If you have a valid permanent residence document you do not need to provide this proof of relationship or evidence of your family member’s identity and residence”.

I wonder how it works for those (non-EEA PR holders) who are no longer a family member of EEA National.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:08 pm

Mugen wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:08 am
That’s app you have to use on android phone. No ios yet.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-e ... -check-app
Gotcha. Just applied!
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:12 pm

horizon1985 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:07 pm
mia777 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi,
But it clearly says on the website that

“If you have a valid permanent residence document you do not need to provide this proof of relationship or evidence of your family member’s identity and residence”.
It also clearly says:
"You will only need to provide evidence of your family member’s identity and residence if you apply before they do. If your family member applies first you’ll be able to ‘link’ your application to theirs, using the application number your family member gets when they apply."

My EU partner applied before me, following mia777's advice, yet I was asked for evidence of our relationship nonetheless. I checked and doublechecked that my application had my partner's application number on it, and it did, yet I was asked for evidence.

I suppose that's why they call this a Beta testing phase.

Teerak

Post by Teerak » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:16 am

Government scrapping £65 fee for pre & settled status Application.. Just saw it on BBC. So are they going to refund the £65 to some of us that applied during the beta testing stage that ended last month?
Applied: 10/08/15 (HO received next day)
Payment taken: 12/08/15
Bio letter: 17/08/15
Bio Given: 20/08/15
COA: 14/09/15(dated 10/09/2015)
RC: 18/01/16(dated 11/01/16)

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:01 am

So are they going to refund the £65 to some of us that applied during the beta testing stage that ended last month?
Yes.