ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsors Financial Situation -URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Post by StaceyWarman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:25 pm

I read a case on here about a spouse visa that was refused due to the sponsor being overdrawn in her account. Are they very strict on this? I have just pulled out all of my bank statements since November and i am overdrawn in every single one. I earn enough money to support my fiance and myself i just have a nasty habit for bags and shiny shoes. Im afraid that my personal over spending is going to effect my fiances visa application. I am going to cancel my overdraft when i get paid at the end of next month so that i can not go overdrawn anymore but we will be married by this time and i won't be able to provide any bank statements until a month later.

Please can anyone give me any advice on this as i am getting married in 3 weeks?!?!?!?!

Thanks in advance

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Post by StaceyWarman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:28 am

Please can somebody help me. I have had no replies so far and i am really panicking about this sitatution.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:22 am

It may help if you can include a monthly budget to demonstrate that you, as a couple/family, will not need to rely on (additional) Public funds. Don't panic!
Last edited by vinny on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:37 am

Some one seems to be a BIG fan of Mr. Ajahn Brahm :)

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Post by StaceyWarman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:51 am

Do you think that this covering letter explaining my situation is clear enough??? Any criticism is welcome!!!

To Whom It May Concern,
With my sponsorship form I have submitted bank statements from November 2007. As you can see I have been going overdrawn in my account for some time which had me in a tiny financial situation. My outgoings were as follows.....
Total Monthly Income - £860
Travel - £60
Phone Bill - £50 line rental but sometimes more depending on the bill
Bills (ie – catalogues) - £88
Personal outgoing each month for birthdays and other social arrangements - £300
Work Loan – £58.60
As you can see my outgoings each month only total to £556.60 each month which leaves me £303.40 each month to spend on anything else I may need. I did not feel the need to check my statements each month and I was not aware that my bank allowed me to go overdrawn as I have just recently changed banks, and my previous bank did not allow me to do this. I just want to make clear that I have not been going overdrawn because I can not financially support myself but because I was not aware that I could go overdrawn which is not a very good excuse on my behalf.
I have just recently been given a pay rise by £4000 and my overdraft will be cancelled by July 2008. Without an overdraft I will not be allowed to spend any money which is not in my account resulted in not being overdrawn each month. Now I have my pay rise my financial outgoings will be as follows....
Total Monthly Income - £1117.00
Travel – £60
Phone Bill - £50 line rental but sometimes more depending on the bill
Bills (ie – catalogues) - £88
Work Load - £58.60
Personal outgoings each month for birthdays and other social arrangements -£300
Leaving me with a total of £661 which I feel is a sufficient amount of money to support my husband and I as we will be staying rent free at my sisters house until my husband can find himself a job. I also feel that my husband has enough qualifications from Nigeria and the UK to find a job which is satisfactory to us and will only increase and better our financial situation. By the time this application is submitted I will have only been able to submit one bank statements which shows my clear overdraft, but if for any reason you require anymore information please do not hesitate to contact me.

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Post by StaceyWarman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:04 pm

Does anybody have any views on my letter?

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Sponsors Financial Situation - please can someone help me!!!

Post by StaceyWarman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:31 pm

Please can someone help me - i am desperate

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:43 pm

mothly income of £ 860 not enough for two person

to call spouse u need to have a job of £ 24,000+

poor chance still u cna try to convince at a cost of visa fee

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Post by StaceyWarman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 pm

Thank you Shushil but i don't earn 860 anymore - its gone up to 1117.

Is there anyway we can get around this? Before he left we were living together off of this money but just have no way of proving it?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 pm

presetly u dont have place to leave also

chances are even poor

try to get a job of 24k+ salary or join other part time to make up

other wise it looks though

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:47 pm

yes my firend i agee with u

but i have seen guys r earning 18k+ are refused

but still there is not end of word
try to get improve yr situation by apy hike or by ading other job

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Post by StaceyWarman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm

What is Apy hike?

I have just recently got a pay rise so there is no chance of me getting another one. He overstayed but voluntarily went home - is there any chance of him getting another visa. We are being told that this is our only option?

Thanks in advanced

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:49 pm

as per local rules in a two bed room 4 people but in reality there are more than 6-8 are leaving in london

which is not on paper accepted by HO

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Post by StaceyWarman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi Sushil,

There will only be 3 of us in a 2 bedroom flat so surely that is ok?

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa for Spouse - URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Post by StaceyWarman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:27 pm

Is there any other visa's he can apply for even though he overstayed by 3 years?

vinny

Re: Sponsors Financial Situation - please can someone help m

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:06 am

StaceyWarman wrote:Hi Sushil,

There will only be 3 of us in a 2 bedroom flat so surely that is ok?
9.9 - Determining whether the couple legally own or exclusively occupy the accommodation wrote:If the accommodation is not owned by the couple (or one of them), the Rules require that there be adequate accommodation which is for their exclusive use. This need not be as elaborate as a self-contained flat. It is acceptable for a couple to live in an existing household, e.g. that of a parent, uncle, aunt, sibling or friend, as long as they have at least a bedroom for their exclusive use.
Last edited by vinny on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:19 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:mothly income of £ 860 not enough for two person

to call spouse u need to have a job of £ 24,000+

poor chance still u cna try to convince at a cost of visa fee
Maintenance: General requirements wrote:There is no explicit minimum figure for what represents sufficient maintenance. However, in 2006 UKAIT KA and Others (Pakistan), the AIT strongly suggested that it would not be appropriate to have immigrant families existing on resources that that were less than the Income Support level for a British Family of that size (See Paragraph 8 of the determination - available on the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal website). If it is more likely than not that the total amount that the applicant and sponsor will have to live on will be below what the income support level would be for a British family of that size, then it may be appropriate to refuse the application on maintenance and accommodation grounds.
Last edited by vinny on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:24 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Yes Vinny

Case laws are good in thoery in this country but adm barriers are well known

1+3 hsmpian are not allowed there rights inpite all victory

chances of overstayers are there on papaers in reality we know well ?

regards

princess22

Post by princess22 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:22 am

I disagree with you Sushil, I applied for a spouse visa and my annual income was only 15k, we got accepted

Its a matter of showing you can provide for yourself and your partner.

Good luck Stacey hope all works well for you.

StaceyWarman
Newly Registered

Post by StaceyWarman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:24 am

Thank you all for your help. I feel much better now. I can't believe how much money the home office must make on taking peoples money for applications. If i hadn't of read of these sites i would never of know half of the stuff i needed to put with my application and it would of certainly been refused.

Thank you all again! x

MSS

Post by MSS » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:17 pm

Sushil - that is complete bull* and stop making ppl needlessly worried - we are all stressed out enough as it is.
My husband's visa was refused last March in appeal, because I wasnt working at the time due to having a 4 month old baby. The Immigration judge told me that I should have been earning more than the income support level, which is about £92 per week for a couple. Needless to say, that is much lower than this £24K figure you've conjured up out of thin air.
As long as you have more than £92 to live on as a couple per week, after all your expenses, and you dont take benefits then you should be fine.

I know of people who have been earning £50-60K and still have had their spouse's visa's refused.

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:21 pm

£24K is crazy. I think that maybe for student visas for people looking to get enough on the points system certainley not for spouse visas!

I calculated it as about £4k-£5k per year u would get on income support over 18 couples level and if other circumstances like unable to work, disabled then its alot lower about £3k-4k or something.

i think if you are earning £92.80 which according to the income support by job centre plus website states that couples over 18 get this as a personal allowance.

What are the benefit rates?

Income Support is a benefit payment made up of three different parts: personal allowances, premiums and payments to cover certain housing costs.
Personal allowances

Single people:

Aged 16-17: £35.65

or in specific circumstances: £46.85

Aged 18-24: £46.85

Aged 25 or over: £59.15

Couple:

Both aged 18 and over: £92.80

Where one or both partners are aged under 18, their personal allowance will be calculated based on their specific circumstances.

Lone parents:

Aged 16-17: £35.65

or depending on their circumstances: £46.85

Aged 18 and over: £59.15

Dependent children:

From birth to day before 20th birthday: £47.45

Most families in receipt of Income Support receive support for their children through Child Tax Credit. A decision will be made on transferring the remaining cases in due course. To find out more about Child Tax Credit.

BROOMIE
Newly Registered

Post by BROOMIE » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:52 pm

I think every embassy is different some of them really dont like you being overdrawn simply because they blv that you are unable to manage your money and they dont stop to think that everyone in this country has and is entitled to have a authorised overdraft especially in light of the 'credit crunch'

I earn 30,000 and husband visa was still refused and it wasnt the money and I know some peoples visa were granted at a certain embassy and they earnt less than I did!!!

Mags
Newly Registered

Post by Mags » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:50 am

My husband has just received his UK spouse visa, he is a USC. I'm on income support and have NO savings, but they looked past that, so i wouldn't worry about little details like being overdrawn. Good luck!

jaanabee

Re: Sponsors Financial Situation - please can someone help m

Post by jaanabee » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:10 am

StaceyWarman wrote:Thank you all for your help. I feel much better now. I can't believe how much money the home office must make on taking peoples money for applications. If i hadn't of read of these sites i would never of know half of the stuff i needed to put with my application and it would of certainly been refused.

Thank you all again! x
did ur husband get the visa? :)