ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After 2 months no news from Sheffiel

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Yele
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by Yele » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:47 am

Hi everybody!
I applied for a Settlement Visa on November 2018
biometric appointment 15th November.
Documents sent to Sheffield 19th November
The postofficer confirmed that someone received the document at Sheffield.However,after 2 months waiting we haven't received any email confirming that they have our documents or not. We haven't received any further information after my biometric appointment. Actually, we received an email explaining how to sent the supporting documents to Sheffield 2 weeks after my biometric date. Very contradictory because we had sent our documents a week ago. I would like to know if you have had a similar situation and if you know any way to contact Sheffield to confirm that they have our documents. The information I have found about the application is very conflicting and random and I don't know what to expect.

Lan8
Newly Registered

Post by Lan8 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:12 am

Yele wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:47 am
Hi everybody!
The postofficer confirmed that someone received the document at Sheffield.However,after 2 months waiting we haven't received any email confirming that they have our documents or not. We haven't received any further information after my biometric appointment. Actually, we received an email explaining how to sent the supporting documents to Sheffield 2 weeks after my biometric date. Very contradictory because we had sent our documents a week ago. I would like to know if you have had a similar situation and if you know any way to contact Sheffield to confirm that they have our documents. The information I have found about the application is very conflicting and random and I don't know what to expect.
Hello,
I recently underwent the process of applying for a spouse visa at a similar time of your application.
Biometrics: 25/10/18
SMS received: 25/10/18 ('Visa application forwarded to UKVI')
Docs sent to Sheffield: 01/11/18
Docs returned back from Sheffield: 19/11/18 with letter 'Your application will be looked into by case worker....'
I did not receive any emails/SMS until...
SMS received on 61st day since biometrics: 18/01/19 ('Processed visa application will be delivered to chosen address....')
Received passport: 19/01/19

If you want, you could enquire just to make sure they have your documents as I would have imagined you to have received your docs back by now.
However, I have learnt that each case is different and it's not a sign of anything 'bad' so you shouldn't worry.
I personally did not contact UKVI throughout the whole process and just waited.

Jav9289
BANNED

Re: After 2 months no news from Sheffiel

Post by Jav9289 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:56 pm

Yele wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:47 am
Hi everybody!
Similar situation to yours in a way.

I sent my documents end of last week via special delivery and the tracking shows that it was signed for.

I rang Royal Mail last weekend and they confirmed that it was delivered at the right address.

I hope I receive my documents back at the end of the week and would start worrying if I dont

You should have contacted them by now to check if they have got your paperwork imo

Let me know what they say if you do.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:23 pm

It depends on case. I was reading about a Ukrainian guy on this forum and he had interview after 4 months or so and after than interview his documents were sent back. Other people have had other delays in sending documents back. It also depends on priority applications as well, if there are too many priority applications, standard applications get delayed. Don’t worry and be positive. Good luck.

Yele
Newly Registered
Cuba

Re: Does marriage visa include National Health System cover once you are I'm the UK?

Post by Yele » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:49 am

Hi everybody!
Thanks indeed for all of your that answeredy last post. Thank you for your positive support.
I wrote a few days ago because after two months I hadn´t received any news about my visa application. Fortunately, just two days after that, I received a message that my process application had finished. I got my visa!!
:D
I´D LIKE TO KNOW if any of you know if marriage visa cover National Health System once you are in the UK?

I´d like to point out for all of those which are doubtless about settlement visa applications that I didn´t receive any news after my application appointment, no emails, no confirmation that the docs were received at Sheffield, nothing at all, which was very anguishing. So, I advise you don´t despair.

Good Luck!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:24 am

I´D LIKE TO KNOW if any of you know if marriage visa cover National Health System once you are in the UK?
Presumably you are already married and have applied for a 2.5 year spouse visa and paid the IHS fee and not applied for a 6 month fiance visa to get married in the uk?

It makes a difference depending on which one you have applied for and received.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Yele
Newly Registered
Cuba

Re: Does marriage visa include National Health System cover once you are I'm the UK?

Post by Yele » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:24 am
Presumably you are already married and have applied for a 2.5 year spouse visa and paid the IHS fee and not applied for a 6 month fiance visa to get married in the uk?

Actually, I got a 6 months visa to get married

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:12 pm

Yele wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:49 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:24 am

Actually, I got a 6 months visa to get married
How much did you pay for the marriage visa?

If you applied for the fiance Settlment visa costing about £1500, then no NHS is not free as far as I understand and you cannot work either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.