ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment for status enquiry of EU1 application in dublin office

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

coline870
Newly Registered
France

Appointment for status enquiry of EU1 application in dublin office

Post by coline870 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:00 pm

Hello Everyone ,

we submitted EU1 application for my husband and its been more than 7 weeks . There is no acknowledgement from EU Treaty rights division or any letter for temporary stamp. My husband has lost 2 job proposals from employers in this month due to delay from Stamp 4. So we are very anxious about the status of his file.

The EU Treaty rights division is not responding to emails properly.
May i know if it is possible to meet the people from EU Treaty rights division in the Dublin office to enquire the status of his file ? does it require appointment ?

Please suggest your opinion. Thanks a lot.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Appointment for status enquiry of EU1 application in dublin office

Post by max307 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:15 pm

No, you can't meet the EU Treaty Rights case workers even if you are able to book an appointment. EU Treaty Rights does not deal with public at the counters.

I wouldn't suggest e-mail communication for anything official either, most of the time the person replying has nothing to do with the actual application and the answer is basically a template answer for everyone.

My recommendation is to send a letter explaining your current situation and attaching those job offers so there is some validity to your request to expedite the initial review, even if there is no movement in his case it will force them to at least acknowledge your letter and hopefully someone will look at the case.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

ryuzaki
United Kingdom

Re: Appointment for status enquiry of EU1 application in dublin office

Post by ryuzaki » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:58 pm

My wife is in a similar position, she applied at the start of November and hasn't had any formal acknowledgement.

We know that they have the case in the system because they called us up to confirm her name (we used the Chinese name order but it's on the system under western order).

We wrote to them but got no response. I called them and spoke to a lady on the phone. She said not to worry and that we probably wouldn't get the confirmation letter for a long time due to them being backlogged. She also said that we didn't need to worry about the Stamp 4 in terms of being able to stay in Ireland, but obviously that doesn't help you if you need it for work.