ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for my son while waiting for my ILR(10 months)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sanban80
Newly Registered

Visa for my son while waiting for my ILR(10 months)

Post by sanban80 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:36 am

I along with my wife had applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR) in April 2018 and we still haven't heard anything from them.

We have a son who is 2 year old. He was born in UK and has an Indian passport. We were hoping that once we get our ILR( service standard is 6months), we would apply for my son's naturalisation. His Visa expires on 14-2-19.

Can we wait for our ILR to come (don't know how long) before I apply for his naturalisation or do I have to apply for his extension before his Visa expires?

Thanks in advance.

Sanjay

vinny

Re: Visa for my son while waiting for my ILR(10 months)

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:58 am

Have you asked them why they are taking so long to decide?

If a parent succeeds in getting ILR, then your two-year old UK-born son is entitled to register, irrespective of any overstaying. If both parents fail to get ILR, then what can your son apply for?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Momi

Re: Visa for my son while waiting for my ILR(10 months)

Post by Momi » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:15 pm

Have you received any complex letter?
Do you have any pending conviction e.g traffic offence or something else?