ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR from Spouse Visa (Wife)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

desperado

ILR from Spouse Visa (Wife)

Post by desperado » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Hello,

My wife got two years dependant (wife) visa on 30th June 2006.
She came to the UK on 14th July 2006
and her visa expires on 30th June 2008.

Here are my questions:

1. I know she is eligible for ILR sometime soon but not sure exactly when? Is she eligible for ILR From 30th May 2008 or 14th June 2008?

2. Does she need to pass Life in the UK test for ILR? or is it just for British Citizenship?

3. I heared the earliest appointment we could get at PEO Croydon is end of July? Can I try other centre's around the country who would give an appointment well before 30th June 2008, say 20th June? Her visa expires on 30th June 2008.

4. Do I have to renew her Visa now and then apply for ILR later? If yes then where do I have to apply for her visa renewal? Here in the UK or back home?

5. Is it easy to get appointment for her Life in the UK test sooner rather then later? or is there usually a waiting period to get a test slot?

If someone could be kind enough to answer my questions that would be great.

Thanks
Desperado.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:16 pm

1. She is eligible 28 days from 14th July 2008, that is 16th June 08 if my maths is correct

2. Yes, she needs to pass the Life in the UK test

3. Get the appointment before 30th June 2008 at any PEO, otherwise post the application before the 30th and keep proof of postage. Do not overstay or she'll probably have to go back home to get another spouse visa.

4. She doesn't need to renew as she can apply for ILR before her visa runs out.

5. Book early as usual.

desperado

Post by desperado » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:26 pm

paulp wrote:3. Get the appointment before 30th June 2008 at any PEO, otherwise post the application before the 30th and keep proof of postage. Do not overstay or she'll probably have to go back home to get another spouse visa.
Thanks for your response paul. I would love to get an appointment before 30th June but the problem is they won't give an appointment before that due to busy schedule. What do I do in this case?

I can post it on 16th June 2008 but postal application takes 20+ days and that would make her overstay in this country, is it not?

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:08 pm

desperado wrote:I can post it on 16th June 2008 but postal application takes 20+ days and that would make her overstay in this country, is it not?
No it won't. They just need to receive her application before her current visa expires.

As she hasn't passed her Life in the UK test you need to get this sorted out as soon as possible as you'll have to wait a minimum of a week between making the booking and taking the test.